interior color paint codes ???

-

cawley

383 Bcuda
Reaction score
For interior paint colors is there paint codes ? I have a 69 barracuda w/ dark green interior. I want to get the right color for all the metal parts. I cant find a paint code for the dark green, so my local PPG store can mix it for me. Anyone have any ideas ? My local PPG & MARTIN SENIOR stores have tried to match it, but no go.

TCP Global has a restoration guide. You type in the year and manufacturer and the exterior colors come up. To the left shows the interior color if memory serves me correct

For interior paint colors is there paint codes ? I have a 69 barracuda w/ dark green interior. I want to get the right color for all the metal parts. I cant find a paint code for the dark green, so my local PPG store can mix it for me. Anyone have any ideas ? My local PPG & MARTIN SENIOR stores have tried to match it, but no go.
I sourced this from the 1969 Dodge Service Manual, I pretty sure the Plymouth code would be the same.

Chrysler code:
Dark Green Metallic: AY2EF8
Ditzler code: 43786
Used on the upper, lower and upper inner door frames.

Suede finish:
Chrysler code:
Bayou Green Metallic: AC39EF8
Ditzler code: 43925
Used on instrument panel, tach housing, steering column and components.

How about dark olive green interior for '72?

Thanks all. Here I was trying to match all the colors in the interior. It sounds like there is 2 different shades of greens. The suede is a different code than the gloss. I got on TCP GLOBAL & some other sites & found some paint codes but I cant find any pictures of paint chips of interior colors.

Last edited:
I removed a piece from the interior that was hidden from the sun. Carried this to Orilies Auto parts
They mixed the paint to match. When I sprayed it was more glossy than I needed. Went back and was given a small can of flattening agent to add to the paint. Came out really nice. Look behind things or under things to find the color.
Good luck

I removed a piece from the interior that was hidden from the sun. Carried this to Orilies Auto parts
They mixed the paint to match. When I sprayed it was more glossy than I needed. Went back and was given a small can of flattening agent to add to the paint. Came out really nice. Look behind things or under things to find the color.
Good luck
Yea I did that twice & twice at my local MARTIN SENIOR store. They used that gun to shoot colors but no go

For the parts that use suede finish I use Herb's paints, he sells them in rattle cans. Here is a test spray of his interior paint on a 1970 bucket seat hinge cover;

Herbs paint sample - green.JPG

For gloss paint areas like upper door frames, the paint code is on your fender tag. It is the same gloss paint for that code that was used on the exterior of cars.

IE - If the interior UDF code is F8 it is the exact same F8 paint used on the outside of cars painted F8.

For gloss paint areas like upper door frames, the paint code is on your fender tag. It is the same gloss paint for that code that was used on the exterior of cars.

IE - If the interior UDF code is F8 it is the exact same F8 paint used on the outside of cars painted F8.
MMM my car is F5 limelight My interior is a darker green. Now the only darker green is F8 ivy green. The interior color green that I found is called Dark green. So what your telling me is my interior is F8 ivy green but they call it Dark green (interior color) Interesting, my dad had a 69 barracuda that was F8 ivy green. He doesn't remember it being that dark. O & my fender tag its gone. Rusted away.

-
Back