Interior Paint Color

-

19 Again..

Reaction score
I know the color of my car is Gold (JY6), But does anyone know what the interior color is either by name or part number? If anyone has a "YearOne" Catalog and you go to page 117 the illustration of the gold interior is exactly like mine... The fender tag says D2Y4 for a trim code. From what I can see this isn't a rare color, it seems rather common to me. Anyone wanna take a shot?? :scratch:

Yeah, it does get pretty small, but if you have a paint shop near by. They may have the hard copy of the sheet. Also do a search on E-bay for the chips, and if you are lucky someone may have a better picture that you can enlarge.

BTW, what year, make and model is your car?

I have some chips here that I might be able to assist you with.

It is a 1973 Plymouth Space Duster....numbers matching even... Appreciate the feedback 76Orangewagon & Valentek! I did get in touch with TCP Global, it took them a day to finally get back to me.. They gave me thier best guess..

my duster had that color interior aswell.

I converted all to black.

anyhow.......in that same catalog, if you swipe over to page 44 you will see the seat covers.

and to the left of the page is the list of factory color choices.

the only gold/tan color available for purchase in the 73 model year interior is being shown as Ember Gold and the color code is (oddly enough) 666 lol ....so lets say you had a split bench seat with center folding armrest that you wanted in ember gold color for a 1973 valiant/scamp/duster with delux interior for example.

the part number would look this I believe ( 5fq73666B )

in 1971 there was an option for a brown/tan color which the code for that would have been 665 but I believe this is what would have been refered to as saddle tan (or close to it) rather than a GOLD type of color such as ember gold that was used in later years.

hope maybe that helps a bit

Thanks for the info... I couldn't get any answers on the D2Y4.. Dude! You made my day!!

-
Back