interior paint

-

Tadams

Tadams
Reaction score
I getting ready to paing my 65 barracuda starting with the inside. Do I have to treat the 3 pcs of hard plastic any different than the metal. I've read different things so I'm not sure. The plastic parts hard hard so there shouldn't be a flex problem. Just don't want the paint to come off.
Should I use the same gloss as the exterior or use a satin finish. I know Someone had a post about using gloss and regretting it because of fingerprints on the doors.
Last, My son wants to paint the car hugger orange with white or black stripes. I was looking a little more conservative, but I did buy the car for him.
Do any of you know where I might fing a picture if a hugger orange barracuda so he could get an idea of how it would look? He has a paint sample, but its hard to look at a 2 in square and imagine what it would look like on the car. Thanks for your help as always.
Tommy

On the plastic parts you should use an adhesion promotor, there is a pretty good one out there called Bulldog.

On the dash use a satin finish at least on top or you'll hate driving it because of the reflection on the w/s. The rest of it use a semi goss finish, if your going black you will always see fingerprints on the door tops and such no matter what.

I redid a couple of interiors with the "correct" paints from MoPaint, real expensive way to go and I would have been just as happy going the standard route if the cars would have had a simple color.

Good luck!

I'll second that on the Bulldog, that product works really well. Only draw back is that it's $25 a can!

I used nappon(dupont) factory original on the metal and plastic; worked great. Didn't paint the dash yet, but it is definitely no gloss.

-
Back