Interior painted surfaces

-

Gryzynx

Senior Moment
Reaction score
Well, I've been hiding in Saskatchewan the last two weeks getting the Cuda ready for paint.

I promise, there will be pics and a build thread, but right now, I need some opinions.

The car will get a color change. Going from hideous green, (2 shades no less), to 2010 Challenger, "Hemi Orange". The interior was white and I think I will stay with white with the exceptions of black dash pads and carpet. Now, those painted surfaces on the doors and under the rear side windows are usually body color. Will the orange be too much? Should I go with black? What about the dash frame. I noticed mine was yet another shade of green, (darker). Black would work, but what about going body color with this area? Again, too much orange?

I should mention that this car will not be fender tag/build sheet correct. That would make it a high option /6 car and I've already gone V8/disk brakes, etc., as well as the color change, so anything goes , (well, almost anything).

I would not want a loud color like orange inside the car. You know fast food restaurants use loud colors ( red yellow orange ) to make you uncomfortable ?
Black everywhere else with white vinyl would be my choice.
Example of factory interior...

Attachments

• original int.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 173
Thanks for the pic. Looks like black is the way to go.

Im with red and esp on this. Go with the black, you will never get sick of the color. Going with the orange.....

-
Back