Interior panel worth re-using?

-

ryansiki

Reaction score
Here are a couple of photos of the interior paneling. Do you think I should re-use it, or just redo it? How hard would it be to make you own paneling(nothing fancy)? Also for the last picture, what the hell is that?

You can have them reupholstered. That canister looks like a charcoal canister fuel filter with lines. I can see writing on it, try finding a part number to google.

Other than the area around the handle you zoomed in on, they don't look all that bad. You don't show the fiberboard behind it, so I can't say if they would be good to re-use as is.

Legendary has a panel restoration program. They even fix the holes that we had to cut in them to mount speakers back in the 8-track days.

If they look ok to you reuse them or if not get a set from Legendary.

That other thing is junk. Throw it away.

If you decide to make your own new panels, it's not hard on these abodies since they are flat. You can use a thin plywood called luane (sp?). Just trace, cut, trim and cover. Your choice of material. Another option is aluminum, flat, bead-rolled, diamond plate, what-ever. You don't have to spend a ton of cash to make it look really cool!

You can also use wall paneling. Just be sure to reinstall the moisture barrier between it and the inner door shell.

-
Back