Interior Question

-

jhdeval

Reaction score
So I bought a 64 4 Door Valiant as some of you may know but the floor boards are gone and so is ALL of the interior. I am not worried about carpet or door cards but what about seats? What should be in there? What interchanges for the rear seats? I assume the front seats are the same for all a-bodies?

Any early A from 63-66 seats should fit. I have heard of guys putting a split bench from a 2 door and it bolts in a 4 door. If you were closer I would give you the front and rear seats out of my 64 Dart 2 door. There may be some difference in the rear between a 2 or 4 door.

63-66 seat should interchange. 4-door rear seat cushions are more rounded on corner to get feet past them. The 2-door rear seat cushions have more square corners.

64-66 used the same door handles and arm rests. Door panels ought to interchange as well. If you're a bit of a DIY person, the door panels are easy to make so you could do some custom work. Though the holes in the door panel are die cut, once you have the covering on, no one will be the wiser.

The chassis changed in 67 which may have resulted in changes to seat width and mount locations. I'll be happy to take measurements on my 73 Dart Custom. It would be neat if you could put a pull down center arm rest front bench in your 64 Valiant, it that's the way you want to go.

Sadly, no A-bodies were made with rear pull down center arm rests.

The Dart and Valiant headliners from 63-66 will not interchange due to different roof length and C-pillar width, except in the wagons.

Search will turn up several posts with the same questions. The 2 & 4 doors may have different holes in the floor for seats and corresponding under-floor braces. I forgot the answer. I am putting Sebring seats w/ integral shoulder belt in my 65 Dart and have Cobra convertible seats for my 64 Valiant. Many modern seats can fit with a few custom brackets.

-
Back