Interior rail identification and placement.

-

John Collins

Reaction score
First off, thank you guys for unknowingly helping me restore my cars interior! I’ve used several threads from this site to help me figure out some head scratching moments. One in particular was hit to remove my dash cap. That was a pain, but made possible after reading a great thread on it.

I tore apart my interior hastily a while back and now I can’t figure out where an interior rail goes. I’ve tried dry fitting it all around the car, but I can’t seem to find where it goes. It’s a slightly curved 41” piece of 1/2” angle iron painted black with 8 screw holes running along it. Any help would get appreciated!

DA71FEA9-978A-4542-9ACF-1A8610BE6CEF.jpeg

91A2A362-1A00-4EF8-BA87-7E77695B4F6B.jpeg

The black trim with all the holes- could that be the top trim piece for the rear trap door?

That’s the piece I couldn’t identify... I have no clue still as to where I pulled it from on the car. When you say “trap door, do you mean the locking section that divides the trunk from the space between the rear seat? I didn’t remove that piece and only removed the fold down seat back. It’s not in any of my photos I took of the interior... Lesson learned. I need to take better pictures. Lol. It’ll find it’s home, soon enough. I’m not stressing yet, I’m still waiting on a new headliner and sails from legendary and I feel like I’ll figure it out by then. Thank you again.

-
Back