Interior replacement

-

Dizzydean

Reaction score
I'm looking to replace the my interior pieces. As you can see the carpet is much darker than the everything else. Also I'm having a heck of a time trying to match the interior color. I believe its copper but I cant find matches anywhere. Appreciate any help and guidance. I would like to stay with the original color but am not opposed to change.

DSC_0001 (2).JPG

DSC_0002 (2).JPG

DSC_0003 (2).JPG

just remember the carpet will be darker shade of the seats dash, upper door etc colors. if you ever find an OEM color chart, the front has the colors available for that model, the back side will tell you the amt of flattener basically used in the int. ie dasy, steering col. upper door, etc etc.... the worst mistake I see people doing, I paint their int, GLOSS everywhere.
I do not remember ever seeing anything mentioning the color of the carpet per say>??/

Keep in mind that all of the items will not match 100%. Door panels, seat covers, dash pad, kick panel vendors were all different and there colors will vary slightly as you view them in the assembled car. The only way to get everything to the same color would be to redye all of the pieces from the same can of paint which would expensive and would not hold up as well as the applied colors.
Depending upon whom you purchase the interior components from will affect the color of the product. Just because you purchase the carpet from Legendary, it is not a Legendary manufactured product. It would be an ACC Carpet. Package trays, sun visors and headliners could be a REM product. Seat covers and door panels from Legendary. And then you have the dash pads depending upon whom the supplier is. So you can see how the colors will vary slightly.

to do it as it came from the factory, like I said, you need the OEM color chart, the back of it has the answers, as explained, it says where int parts are of different shades of gloss/flattened... like RPM440-6 says, the different componenst repoped will not necessarily be the right shade....

I have had them for 68, 69 plymouth, 65 darts, etc over the years.....

to me the big thing is not spray everything in the int. GLOSS! especially the dash/instrument area. there was a reason!!

Thanks. I did the dash pieces in a semi black without all the chrome. That was way to hard. I took the color code to a House of Paints so I could the window trims but they told me it comes up green.

I had the OEM chart for a 65 dodge, but when I moved to TX last fall I have never unpacked all that stuff. I have no idea where it is!! ha

The carpet almost looks black in the photo.

Would it be possible that you could remove the four nuts holding one of the bucket seats in place and either tilt the seat so that you could view the carpet under the seat. This area would be pretty clean and would not have faded or changed color over the years as the other areas have, giving you a good indication of the original color.

-
Back