interior surprises!!

-

ChazRam

1964 Valiant V200
Reaction score
Just stripped out the entire interior on my Swinger. I am getting ready to 'blitz' the panels, carpet, seats, and a few other parts too. Got a wonderful
surprise when I ripped out the carpet. The floor pans are 'virgin metal' and have never been rusted or replaced. I will post a pic of them later n the week. I currently have a blue interior and will be doing alot of white in place of the blue. I have a couple of pics of the interior as its is now and will update with the changeover as it goes over the next couple of weeks.
The first pic is of the original seat in front, (little gas problem LOL), second is the old and new seat, third is the new seat in the car. Not happy with the different blue and the carpet looks kind of beat, and the door panels, there is just too much blue in the car. Keep an eye on this thread. I am doing a ton to this interior and hope it turns out as nice as I am dreaming it will.
Chas.

005.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

where are the cheapest locations to find some door panels and seat cover for front? had any luck

Good luck on the door panels. It is not easy finding them used. I did but went through some hassle to get them. You just gotta post in the parts wanted section on FABO, keep your eye on ebay, craigslist, and moparts. I was looking for white which made my search a little harder but you can find them. Year One, and Legendary have them new but they cost a bit. On seat covers look in your area for upholstery guys. Smaller ma and pop shops work best but you may wait a little longer than bigger shops. Good thing if you find an old craftsman type of guy who has been doing it a long time. They tend to take a little more pride in what they do and the quality sometimes can be better. Plan on picking out some fabric and plan on a good ten yards of 54 inch roll material. Drop by this post and look for the update as the seats are almost done, the new carpet comes in a few days and its just finding some cooperative weather to put the stuff in. I will post pics as I am going along with this.
Chas.

-
Back