interior upholstery

-
I have been using Legendary for a coupla decades, servicing those vehicle since built, no drama .
I tried a coupla cheap alternatives thru those years, not to my standards !
I'll continue using Legendary on any vehicle !

I have been using Legendary for a coupla decades, servicing those vehicle since built, no drama .
I tried a coupla cheap alternatives thru those years, not to my standards !
I'll continue using Legendary on any vehicle !
Sounds like they have improved since the early '80's.

Or installation error as suggested .
Only complaint seems to be from you .
Just saying .
Season's Best !
I only know of a couple of other guys that had issues and they don't belong to this forum. Somebody did mention the use of a torque wrench and I laughed, door panels snap in place there's no bolts. Season's best to everyone.

There is a big difference in demand
Dart Convertibles 67-69: 8700
Barracuda Convertibles 67-69: 8510
Total: 17210

Mustang 1967 alone: 45,000

Alan

There is a big difference in demand
Dart Convertibles 67-69: 8700
Barracuda Convertibles 67-69: 8510
Total: 17210

Mustang 1967 alone: 45,000

Alan
Sounds like mopar didn't build much of anything. I have a serious question, wasn't Chrysler concerned about being competitive? Don't get me wrong here l do like mopars and from what you guys are saying that they didn't build very many cars that puts a different prospective on things. I'm guessing that this is why Ford and GM cars are more popular simply because there was a lot more of them and this making them more affordable in every way.

It is hard to say why Chrysler didn't sell like Ford and GM
Popularity of Ford and GM is probably from years of cramming them down your throat, people can relate to something that they saw more of.

Today people might find Ford and GM more accessible (because there were far more of them), or easier, cheaper to restore.

To give you a more broader idea on production
From 64-74, the entire 11 year range of the Barracuda through three generations there were about 492,000 cars.

Mustang rolled out over 1,000,000 by the end of the 65 model year, in 1-1/2 years the produced more than double the entire 11 year run on the Barracuda.

Alan

It is hard to say why Chrysler didn't sell like Ford and GM
Popularity of Ford and GM is probably from years of cramming them down your throat, people can relate to something that they saw more of.

Today people might find Ford and GM more accessible (because there were far more of them), or easier, cheaper to restore.

To give you a more broader idea on production
From 64-74, the entire 11 year range of the Barracuda through three generations there were about 492,000 cars.

Mustang rolled out over 1,000,000 by the end of the 65 model year, in 1-1/2 years the produced more than double the entire 11 year run on the Barracuda.

Alan
I'm thinking that's Chrysler's fault for not building more cars, I don't think that they were forced down our throats it's just more of them were made available to the public. Just my opinion but I think that the '65 - '66 mustang's are a better looking car than the barracuda's of the same time period.

I'm thinking that's Chrysler's fault for not building more cars, I don't think that they were forced down our throats it's just more of them were made available to the public. Just my opinion but I think that the '65 - '66 mustang's are a better looking car than the barracuda's of the same time period.
They built what they could sell. I'm sure the based each years production on the previous years sales.

Alan

If they would help create demand I think that it would help. This can be done by lowering the price. If you're looking at restoring a dart or a mustang convertible it's natural for you to do the lesser costly car to do. I'm probably wrong about this, but if they was to have the price more competitive I really believe that it would help to increase demand. What do you think?
Your not getting it just like when you went on about a Dentist and what was charged for services
I doubt if Rick is getting rich off selling this particularly part
The demand is limited and the costs are directly related to production costs
The part is specific to only three years and one model car
There was a guy on the FBBO forum who reproduced the same panels for a 69 B body convertible
He wasn’t making any big money if he was making a profit at all
He did all the work it takes to mold these parts and if memory serves me he was asking around 8 or 9 hundred and this was a few years back
Now consider while that panel fit a few years, the courtesy light was different for a 68 and 69 so the market was even that much more limited
Go to Tony’s mopar and see what he gets for these panels

Your not getting it just like when you went on about a Dentist and what was charged for services
I doubt if Rick is getting rich off selling this particularly part
The demand is limited and the costs are directly related to production costs
The part is specific to only three years and one model car
There was a guy on the FBBO forum who reproduced the same panels for a 69 B body convertible
He wasn’t making any big money if he was making a profit at all
He did all the work it takes to mold these parts and if memory serves me he was asking around 8 or 9 hundred and this was a few years back
Now consider while that panel fit a few years, the courtesy light was different for a 68 and 69 so the market was even that much more limited
Go to Tony’s mopar and see what he gets for these panels
Bummer, it would have been nice if they would have fit other body styles.

Than buy a mustang
There are enough A bodies out there for under 20 grand that are good solid cars
The mustangs aren’t really any cheaper and they rot worse than a mopar

They built what they could sell. I'm sure the based each years production on the previous years sales.

Alan
That's understandable. It would be awesome if all 3 could have built more cars, but it's about supply and demand

Than buy a mustang
There are enough A bodies out there for under 20 grand that are good solid cars
The mustangs aren’t really any cheaper and they rot worse than a mopar
I'm going to get me a A body by spring and I'm going to post pictures of it on here first thing.

I manufacture plastic parts overseas and the reason all the Mopar stuff is more expensive is because of the cost of the molds. After the mold is made the cost to make a panel, be it a Ford, GM or Mopar panel is basically the same, it is just plastic which is relatively cheap. Part of the issue for a rear set of panel you need 2 molds, one for the right side and one for the left side, and the cost to create each mold is into the tens of thousands of dollars. I usually deal in small molds, like a mold for a distributor cap, a mold that size can be $3,000-$7,000. A huge mold like the door panel one will be into the tens of thousands. Now, the issue is how many of these will you sell immediately and in the short term? You do not want to invest, lets say $40-$70,000 in molds and need to wait decades to get your money back, you need to recoup your investment in basically the first couple of shipments, that should last you 6-18 months. So, you order 200 pairs of panels for a Mopar (400 total), that cost $100 each landed at your warehouse. So, you have $40,000 in those parts, plus lets say another $60,000 in mold costs; $100,000 cost. Divide $100,000 cost between the 400 pieces and they cost you $250 each, $500 for the pair, retail $1000 for the pair. Now, take this same example on a vehicle that is a lot more popular, like a Mustang and now you can order 2000 pairs instead of 200, they still cost $100 landed to your warehouse, and you still have $60,000 in mold costs. So, now you have $460,000 total landed costs for the 4000 pieces or $115 per each or $230 a pair, retail $460 for the pair, and this is why the Ford/GM stuff costs half of what the Mopar stuff costs. It is all in the mold costs and how that cost get ameliorated because the volume of parts you order.

If you were to look at this as a very long term run of parts you could eventually lower the selling price of the Mopar parts as your mold costs would have been paid a long time ago, but in reality no one does this. Once a price is established it will rarely go down, unless there is an outside influence, like someone else making the same part and lowering the price. Since a lot of these parts have so little volume, it is quite rare for a new player to jump into the market and invest all the money needed to do it, unless the available product has quality/fitment issues, that they think they can correct with a new product, and thus corner the market. But usually when a new player comes into the market with a better product, the price usually ends up even higher than what the original one sold for, and you eventually end up with a good, better, best part with corresponding pricing.

I'm going to get me a A body by spring and I'm going to post pictures of it on here first thing.

you guys heard it here, let it be on the record.

Dan, slice of ham says that you don't get an A body by then.

March 20, 2023 is the first day of spring.

this is no joke, I 100% will pay up if you put up.

project or runner is fine, though I'd suggest you get a car with a complete interior.

you guys heard it here, let it be on the record.

Dan, slice of ham says that you don't get an A body by then.

March 20, 2023 is the first day of spring.

this is no joke, I 100% will pay up if you put up.

project or runner is fine, though I'd suggest you get a car with a complete interior.
Okay.

Sounds like mopar didn't build much of anything. I have a serious question, wasn't Chrysler concerned about being competitive? Don't get me wrong here l do like mopars and from what you guys are saying that they didn't build very many cars that puts a different prospective on things. I'm guessing that this is why Ford and GM cars are more popular simply because there was a lot more of them and this making them more affordable in every way.
If you’re complaining about the cost of restoring a Mopar, why are you considering buying another one? We don’t need more threads, after you’ve purchased one by next Spring, about how outrageous parts prices are! You are preaching to the choir!

What is the definition of insanity?

Everything for mopars is at least 2 -4 times higher than Ford and gm. I'm beginning to think that mopars are for the rich.
Please, PLEASE get yourself a Ford or GM!!! and then find another bunch of folks to whine to...SHEESH!!!

Dan, I admit I am no expert, but I really believe Mother Mopar made all the cars she could sell. I doubt the demand was there for more cars and she did not have the ability to produce.

Man, it is not hard to understand that some models (verts) will bring more $$$ in any form and parts for let say, verts will always be hard to find and cost more $$$. Chrome trim, r. seats, anything specific to a limited run of that model will cost.

If you want to play you must figure you will have to PAY. Just fact.

Resto parts in general will always be cheaper and more abundant for most GM and Ford cars. The more cars made, and more desirable the model, the more people spending their $$ to make these parts.

I think we all want YOU to find a car and BUY it.

I hope you find a car that fits what you would want and can afford
However some times I really do not understand you. Any older classic car is expensive to restore, body and mechanical cost the same be it a Ford GM or Chrysler products car. The only difference is Mopar parts are a little harder to come by ( expensive) and I learned that when I bought my 69 B body
I would never knock you or use it against you if you didnt buy that A body, maybe its just out of reach and thats understandable but I think you do your self a disservice and open yourself up to all types of criticism when you continually complain about parts/ car prices, knock the vendor in this thread, and talk about buying some car and never follow through, making excuses
I hope it works out for you and you find a good car, just be reasonable in expectations
Finally I will tell you this and maybe it will help....
I had a 65 Corvette convertible 50 years ago, because of memories attached and I spend to much time in the past, I would really like to have another C2 small block convertible. Something driver quality non numbers matching
I should be able to find what I want for 60 to 80 grand. The thing that concerned me was the birdcage of the body. Even the frame I could fix but the birdcage was a very difficult job that would make or break this car
I joined a Corvette forum....I stated my intentions respectfully and I did not bullshit anyone nor did I complain about a fibreglass car that was 3 grand back in the seventies and is 70 grand today.
Now if you think Mopar parts are expensive try C2 Corvette parts
Either way best of luck finding what you want

-
Back