Internal?External? 360

-

MR4V

Reaction score
Just reading the thread posted by Zbojnik I do not have his balancing problem yet.
The 360 I'm building is externaly balanced as I'm using the origdinal crank, rods & after market external balancer, it has everything new so it will be rebalanced.
My question is on the flex plate, I have a new 727 & hi stall with no weights, althourgh I have a set of weights.
Can I run an nuetral flex plate & balance the plate or do I have to run an external flex plate & get the stall converter balanced with the weights?
Is there a template for positioning the weights?
The reason for running an nuetral flex plate is at a later date I wish to run a stroker 408 this way I will only need to buy 1 flex plate.
Cheers

you can run a neutral plate but you have to weld the weights in the convertor. or just run the B&M external flexplate.. i thought that the weights came with directions telling you where to put the weights.

you can run a neutral plate but you have to weld the weights in the convertor. or just run the B&M external flexplate.. i thought that the weights came with directions telling you where to put the weights.

Picked up the 727 & stall from a guy that was going to run them with his 408 stroker, so the weights are two units with no directions on were they go.
If I run a B&M external do I still need the weights on the converter?

if ya search the net someone may have the directions for ya.

if you run the B&M external balance flexplate then no you do not need the weights on the converter.

you can always but the flexplate ya need now and sell it when ya need the neutral balance.

-
Back