Internal Garage Wall Ideas/Suggestions

-

KP

Reaction score
Looking For Some Low Cost Internal Garage Wall Coverage Ideas/Suggestions

drywall and paint...................

lol just kidding. why not freehand the mopar logo on the wall and then paint it. or get a pic of your car blown up and use it as a poster on the wall. talk to parts stores and dealers for old advertising that they are not using anymore. and see if they will give it to you.

Yeah ... i used it .. just can't remember the exact name of wood sheets :(
They are using it on new construction houses instead of plywood .... it looks like wood chips glued together to make a sheet of wood .. It will come to me .....

Yeah ... i used it .. just can't remember the exact name of wood sheets :(
They are using it on new construction houses instead of plywood .... it looks like wood chips glued together to make a sheet of wood .. It will come to me .....

(whisper) OSB :)

paint and dry wall white makes the shop light up a bit more

my buddy got a deal on some sheet metal roofing (like you see on the roof of old barns and houses) and put it on his walls by far best garage wall you can have its safe for welding and such (fire hazard) and looks pretty good and big bonus is that he has a floor drain and when we paint a car we hose down the shop and absolutly no dust is left to fall down and fresh paint its totaly waterproof and also reflects light ... it might not be the cheapest but its good for a lifetime youll never have to redo it

this is defenatly what im gonna be doing to my garage over the next few years for shure.
oh and its extreamly easy to install there all 3 feet by 8 or 12 feet long and interlock one into the other....

Keep an eye out on Craigslist in the "Free" section. Im always coming across people looking to have garages or sheds either torn down (you keep the lumber) or the lumber from them hauled away. If you want to save the $ and have the time its a great deal for all.

I used 3/8" plywood and painted it white. The paint reflects light, the plywood allows me to hang anything (within reason) anywhere I want without having to hunt for a stud.
C

I needed a wall between my basement and whats just crawl space. I used painted steel that was once a above ground pool wall. It looks like wood paneling on the face side. The framing is treated 2X6 that was once a deck behind a mobile home. Studs on 2 ' centers.
Access door is 1/4" corrigated styrene that was a Coca-Cola display in a convienence store.
My only expence was nails, screws, and couple sticks of vynil used to join and/or cap vynil lattice. The backside is insulated with 3/4 styrofoam. It was free too.

Attachments

• free wall.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 226
7/16 OSB painted w/ white primer. Still gotta do the ceiling.
Garage011Small.jpg

I would stay away from that if your going to do welding or painting for that matter.

I used white peg board sheets 4x8 good for lighting and hanging things on the walls

OSB seems to be the cheapest thing. just under $6 for a 4X8 sheet at Lowes.

whatever you decide, put all your work benches on wheels or casters as it makes for better space when needed.

Thats a great idea Hotlines. I have a small garage and no matter where the benches land I wish I could move them to do sometheng else. Like removing seats and such.

-
Back