Introducing myself.

-

H_Mill16

Reaction score
Howdy, My name is Hunter, and im from Mississippi. Im new to this forum, and forums in general. i joined for advice on shifters, but i think ill stick around to socialize and learn more about the mechanical side of things. My technical First car was a 73 Charger i bought from selling pigs. The pigs were show pigs for breeding so i had a nice amount of money. That car is still sitting in the shop. hasn't been touched since i bought it. a year later i bought a 77 Early Bronco. Kept it around for a while before i sold it to my dad. (he had been trying to buy it for twenty years before i bought it after trying for a day) i wanted a jeep and he refused to see it leave. So i bought an a original 79' CJ7 Golden eagle 304 with a rare factory for T-18 4 speed. time passed and the jeep wasn't very reliable even just driving on the farm (keep in mind i didn't even have a license so i could only drive around the house). So i set off to find another running driving Mopar. i was 15 by then. I found a 67 Sublime green convertible said to have a 340. i was 16, but still had no license due to the waiting period of a year after you get your permit which i got 4 months after i turned 15. i drove the Dart to highschool for about a year before the fuel pump diaphragm ruptured and the oil filled with gas and it grenaded. it still ran, and i thought about staying on the road as it sounded like i just blew a header gasket, and was leaking bad. I figured i should turn around and take her home and when i slowed down to turn around the car shook so violently the trim fell of the hood. So for a year the car sat untouched. Until last year when i bought a brand new INDY cylinder 360. I was tired of an automatic and wanted a 4 speed so i sold it to a friend who wanted it since he saw it. I have searched for months and didnt find a 4 speed i liked. I found a 68' Dart GT with 340 727, and factory Air conditioning, and white interior. its a red hardtop with white GT stripes. Ill get a picture up when i get one on my PC. The guy said it come with a parts car, and we went to look at it and i had seen the car before. when i was 13, and looking for a Charger i had went to the guys house to look at a 74 Charger which had tons of bondo. While i was there he took me and my dad to look at his cars in the woods. The first one was a green 68' Dart with bullet holes in the fender. The same car i would end up getting as a parts car 5 years later. The guy was pretty concerned that i had saw the car before then i told him my story which im now sharing with you guys. So thats my introduction. Hope you guys enjoyed the read. (edit have pictures but have no idea how to post them)

I figured it out. Im a little blind

Attachments

• 11848915_1028721420524021_964289887_n.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 167
  • 12139598_1648638342062991_977172812_n.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 160
Welcome aboard! How old are you now? Seems to me your getting started on the young side. Enjoy the forum! Lots-o-good fellas here.

Welcome aboard! How old are you now? Seems to me your getting started on the young side. Enjoy the forum! Lots-o-good fellas here.

I'm 18 now. I got the new Dart about a month or two ago. I'm not trying to choose between a Hurst Pro matic2 and a B&M quick silver. Thanks for the reply.

^ ^ ahem ... and a few not-so-fellas LOL!

Welcome aboard Hunter! You write a good story and that's a sweet Dart -- thanks for sharing it. I hope you enjoy this place; it can be addicting.

Glad you cleared up the age thing, because I was confused. Welcome from Fredericksburg, VA. Very nice looking 68.

-
Back