introduction

-

freakoweirdo

Reaction score
Hi, another newbie here, just joined up and I dont know much .
I have made a mid-life crisis return to my old teenage interest in cars .
I Have wanted a 67-69 barracuda fastback since i was about 19 years old and I just picked one up a few days ago and i dont know anything about it, so I will be lurking around quite a bit and asking probably far too many questions.
Its a 67 barracuda fastback with 340 power. The guy was advertising the motor for sale locally , the ad said it was " in a car, so u could come hear it run". I asked what kind of car it was and he said it was a 67 barracuda, he was going to start parting it out on ebay. So I said -" well why dont u just hold on a minute and I will drive down and check out the whole car, before u go slicing parts off of it."
he sold me the whole car for 1400 bucks and it is really in decent shape. It has been parked under a carport since 1984 so it is not perfect but it runs and drives and the only real rust is the trunk floor. Mainly its just old.
it needs a few parts which have disappeared over the years but thats what we have ebay for I guess, maybe i can find some parts here too. I thought it was a decent deal for the money so i nabbed it.
Enough about me. Thanks,
Neal

Welcome! Sounds like a great project. That's pretty much how I came into my Duster. It was argualbly a candidate for the junkyard when I got it. You'll get a lot of satisfaction out of retsoring it yourself. Knowing it inside and out and doing the work yourself will pay big dividends in the long run.

Mine aren't midlife crisis'. I told my son when I bought the first car,2nd childhood. I guess the 2nd car is 3rd childhood.I love my a-bodies.

Well, another guy from ORY-GUN. Glad you joined us. We used to go to the Mopar show in Eugene but, they don't have it anymore. You'll have to come up to the Mopar show in Salem on Sat. July 15, and Sun. the 16, at Woodburn. Swap meet both days.
Sounds like you got a good score on the car and engine. Congrats. Let the questions begin, everyone here is pretty helpfull.

LOL, I have been acused of a Mid life crisis. I tell'em straight out, I never grew up, seriously, I never did, I allways have had a car to mess with. I won't give it up!
So long as the bills are taken care of, the roof over my head is paid for and the belly is full, the rest is party time. Granted the car is last. Theres allways soccer, karate, music lessons etc.........
LOL
Welcome aboard and back into the car fold. Enjoy.

-
Back