Introduction

-

66Glassback

Reaction score
Hey everyone, my name is Tim. My kids have grown and I figured its time to purchase a toy for myself before I am too old to enjoy it. Ever since my older brother had one when I was a kid, I have always loved the 66 Barracuda. I found this one July of this year and purchased it. It needs some work but she is a driver. So far I am in the process of fixing the tachometer, dash lights and horn. I am going to pull the motor out over the winter, rebuild it and put a new clutch in. I want to finish the mechanical work before I have it painted. I know it is going to take some time and money, however, I am excited about it. I will try to post pictures as I go and ask questions as needed. I actually have a stupid question now. I have the instrument cluster out and I am not used to a red high beam indicator light in the dash. I do believe that is the proper color for that time. However, I was thinking of putting a blue plastic piece in there instead of the red one. I know a stupid question but I was just wondering what others think if anything. I am looking forward to being a member of this forum. Thanks in advance!

Front 3-4 view 1.jpg

Welcome,looks like a nice car, Formula S, 4spd. I bought mine when I was just about 17

Welcome! More pictures please. It look to be a Formula S car? Leave the red high beam lens as it was. 66 Barracudas had one of the nicest dashes at that time. Your 1966 Barracuda is 57 years old, you can't make it into a 2020 car. They are more fun as they were. Enjoy!

66 Cuda Top.JPG

66Cuda ds low rear.JPG

P1010004.JPG

P1010008.JPG

Welcome from Texas, it looks like you have a good foundation to start with. Post some pictures before you begin and then throughout to building process.

Welcome.
Looks great! That’s the best ‘66 color for these and it’s a Formula S too.

-
Back