Irma - Central Florida ??

-

RPMagoo

Just An Old Motorhead
Reaction score
What's the situation in Central Florida ? -- Warnings ? -- Evacuation etc. -- I'm in Pa., but have a winter residence in Hernando, Citrus County.

Last edited:
Total panic in Volusia County already. Gas stations running out of gas, bottled water gone. Good grief people.

Most of the models show it going right up the center of the state. If that happens, it will lose some steam on the way up. I'm sure your house will be ok, but if it somehow swings out into the gulf a little and comes across (not likely) your area - could be damage

I'm in Hernando. They have already cancelled School's for Thursday & Friday. Most gas stations are out. Most Grocery stores are pretty low on can goods and completely out of Water. I've lived here 32 years and have never left because of a storm, but I am thinking I might on this one.

I know by hoping it will miss me in Tampa/Plant City area, but that means some one else will have to deal with it. I hope it turns north and doesn't hit the main land at all! I'm in Ga. right now with a bad back and waiting till I'm well enough to get home. I will be loading up on water if I can help another member out?

What's the situation in Central Florida ? -- Warnings ? -- Evacuation etc. -- I'm in Pa., but have a winter residence in Hernando, Citrus County.

I'm in Sumter county(central Florida, I-75 corridor) and it's crazy at wallyworld. There is no bread or water left already. dang you'd think people could fill up some bucket and containers since the water is still running from the taps. sheesh. I have a generator (for my freezer) propane grill(food) and 2 100 gallon water tanks ready and waiting. luckily I have a 150mph rated garage(no real room left in it but hey I can set up a cot for the wife and our pugs) so everything good on my end. a friend of mine a block over has a propane generator and just froze 100 gallon jugs of water and has it covered with dry ice. (I don't even know where to get that stuff down here) now he's making lot's of beef and ham jerky to help tide him over. I'm gonna get me some of that anyway I can one way or another.

Last edited:
Guys, pack it up and take a road trip! Do you get points for staying? Florida has a limited direction you can run (north) but you can get out of its way at least. If you stay, batten down the hatches, Zebra time!

“The Leeward Islands ( Barbuda, St. Martin and Anguilla) are going to get destroyed,” said Colorado State University professor Phil Klotzbach. “I just pray that this thing wobbles and misses them,” Klotzbach told the Associated Press. “This is a serious storm..."

Last edited:
Should know for sure by late Saturday early Sunday

I'm down in Miami. We'll try to take some of the edge off for you before it goes north.

Guys, pack it up and take a road trip! Do you get points for staying? Florida has a limited direction you can run (north) but you can get out of its way at least. If you stay, batten down the hatches, Zebra time!

“The Leeward Islands ( Barbuda, St. Martin and Anguilla) are going to get destroyed,” said Colorado State University professor Phil Klotzbach. “I just pray that this thing wobbles and misses them,” Klotzbach told the Associated Press. “This is a serious storm..."
My sister in law lives on a boat in St Martin. Hoping everything turned out ok for her. I know everything is down now so just left waiting to hear something from her.

If you are still there it is about to late. 75 north is packed!

Be safe. Dont know what else to say. Heres to hoping it doesent hit too hard.

Let us not forget the poor folks in Texas!

-
Back