Iron drivers side exit water pump and Saginaw PSP

-

67notchb

Reaction score
Has anyone put a Saginaw PSP on an engine with an iron, drivers side exit water pump? I want to do this setup with a new borgison 14:1 box and Saginaw pump with correct brackets from Bergman but the pulley is about 5/8” out of alignment. Anyone use a different pulley to make this setup work? The picture is of my current setup. Thanks all in advance for your time and input.

7AA8C2D1-4E29-4D49-9E09-C3474B2238A8.jpeg

I thought of that and if I can I will but I was wondering if others have used a different pulley to get the alignment closer.

I have these for a Saginaw pump.
These fit Aluminum W/P. don't know if it would work with Cast iron.

20210124_180307.jpg

Are they for a setup like mine with an iron drivers side exit water pump or for an aluminum passenger side exit water pump?

Google search “ps008”. That is the bracket you need. Doing that conversion on my 67 right now. I can get you some pics later today if you like
Add “mopar” to that search, will narrow it down.

Last edited:
thanks for the reply’s

View attachment 1715683931 Mancini bracket and selfmade crank pulley in a 64' Valiant 340-6, cast 340 manifolds:
That is a really nice setup exactly what I am lookin for. Did you try finding the correct PSP pulley or making your own rather than milling a new crankshaft pulley or was it easier to do that?

Google search “ps008”. That is the bracket you need. Doing that conversion on my 67 right now. I can get you some pics later today if you like
Add “molar” to that search, will narrow it down.
I see there a few different places to get the brackets but I don’t see any suggestions for pulleys which seem to be the issue.

thanks for the reply’s

I see there a few different places to get the brackets but I don’t see any suggestions for pulleys which seem to be the issue.
Which pulley do you have now?, is the shaft keyed or is the pulley pressed on?
Buochillon has a few pulleys

Usually the alt belt is closest to the engine and the ps belt is forward of that. Your setup looks to be the opposite, any chance you can move your alt in and use the outer pulley on the crank for the ps? Would it line up then?

I didn’t realize my setup was opposite, thanks for bringing that to my attention. Once I get the correct brackets I’ll try it

The pump pulley is the one from Borgeson. With the bracket, it lines up perfect. You'll have to find a used early crank pulley, nobody makes them anymore.

The pump pulley is the one from Borgeson. With the bracket, it lines up perfect. You'll have to find a used early crank pulley, nobody makes them anymore.

So its the crank pulley that could be replaced to align everything better rather than the psp?

I should have that crank pulley
If you do could you send a picture of it?

20210105_131017.jpg

Be carefull they sell underdrive pulleys, check diameter before buying. Early and late pulleys have a 1/2 inch different height.

Last edited:
-
Back