Is a 58K /6 904 tranny worth pulling for the hard parts?

-

Oklacarcollecto

Life is an experiment
Reaction score
Are the internal hard parts on an original 58K 75 Dart /6 904 transmission interchangable with a 1968 Barracuda 318 small block 904?

If so I need to yank it out before the car is removed from the shop in the morning.

/6 904 might have only 3 forward and direct disc in the drums...might as said

Case is obviously different, and I would suspect so is the front drum. Most slant cars had 3 disk front clutch packs while V8 cars had 4-5 disks.

If it's free, I'd grab it as a parts tranny and break it down another day!

A lot of slant 904's had 4.2 kickdown levers, and a spare valvebody with part-throttle kickdown is never a bad thing to have. There are a lot of Jeep and other modern TF owners who wouldn't mind all metal servo parts...

I believe the only difference is case but dont quote me on that

/6 904 might have only 3 forward and direct disc in the drums...might as said

I hate to can it if parts can be used but it isn't worth pulling and storing if I can't use the parts should I need them.

I know to grab the speedometer gear assembly, the dip stick tube assembly and the tranny cross member if nothing else.

the valve body is worth keeping ....i have seen ppl use them in V8 trans bcoz they are programed different...

when you come to a stop but do not completely stop the the slanty one will kick down to first where the v8 one wont unless it comes to a complete stop.

little things like that make the valve body from a slanty car worth it

Case is obviously different, and I would suspect so is the front drum. Most slant cars had 3 disk front clutch packs while V8 cars had 4-5 disks.

If it's free, I'd grab it as a parts tranny and break it down another day!

A lot of slant 904's had 4.2 kickdown levers, and a spare valvebody with part-throttle kickdown is never a bad thing to have. There are a lot of Jeep and other modern TF owners who wouldn't mind all metal servo parts...

the valve body is worth keeping ....i have seen ppl use them in V8 trans bcoz they are programed different...

when you come to a stop but do not completely stop the the slanty one will kick down to first where the v8 one wont unless it comes to a complete stop.

little things like that make the valve body from a slanty car worth it

I have had the car for a long time and the car is already on the rack so it will be pulled based off what has been said here.

Thanks all.

-
Back