Is a carb spacer the answer to this?

-

'74 Sport

Reaction score
2526402457_f4d844cd26_o.jpg

2527222778_96d4b7fd58_o.jpg

Obviously, we have a bit of an interference problem. This is a Holley 3310 sitting on a Mopar M1 intake. Sure, we need a carb gasket, but it won't provide enough clearance by itself. So, is there any advantage to using a taller carb spacer? How much and where do we get one?

Thanks,
Jerry

Jegs or summit. You can run as tall of one as you like. But make shure you have the hood clerance. An open spacer will help with top end HP.
A four hole spacer will help with low end TQ. I would think an inch or a half inch spacer would do.

A ½" spacer is all most engines need. If you get a four hole spacer it is absolutely vital that the holes are the EXACT SAME SIZE as the throttle bores of your carb or the airflow will be disrupted and you will do more harm than good. Any engine can benefit from a four hole spacer in terms of low end torque and throttle response. A single hole spacer is good on a race car because it effectively increases plenum volume which increases top end (high RPM) power.

not to sound like a hillbilly but i had a ramcharger that percolated the fuel in the float bowl and i made a spacer out of 1 in. plywood and it worked exactly like a phenolic spacer. i sanded the edges and inside smooth and painted the outside and no one knew. It solved the fuel problem my mud truck was having. Just a thought.

LOL, Race spacers are made of wood. Been doing that for years now.

A 1/2 inch will do ya.

-
Back