Is a Mongrel Jeep build thread welcome?

Mongrel Jeep build thead welcome here?

• Yes! Major hack jobs on worthless vehicles rock!

Votes: 72 71.3%
  • No, it's not an A-body, and will only be 60% Mopar.

Votes: 29 28.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
I used to drive RHD sliding door DJs at work on a 100 acre plus resort and golf complex.
All were six cyl, and they could scoot pretty good with a high power to weight ratio.
Easy to burn rubber. Nimble, too. Kind of a handfull at 70 MPH, though- SWB.

Mopar drivetrain- In.

There actually is a pro-street DJ, even in r/w/b paint down here right now.
I have a bad night time pic, but I'll see if I can find it.

I was told (and have no reason to doubt) that in addition to the S-10 platform, some LLVs (the ones that *** drag) are Explorer chasis.

I've always been fascinated with RHD and dual control vehicles, since childhood.

I say make the thread- to me, it's like those non-a-body ad threads and non-mopar car threads (mustang threads come to mind) that people always complain about- if ya don't like it, and don't want to read it, don't click on it.

This is my old jeep. 1946 Cj2a cloned into a 1944 MB
222735_1034417032190_1578387732_30102273_2622_n.jpg

My jeep along with the 1945 Bantam trailer that I restored.
31119_1391580521054_1578387732_30939992_5653575_n.jpg

This frame came with the jeep when I bought it. My plan is to restore it to a factory Cj-2A when I finish school. I have a drive train for it I just need a body.
227060_1034416192169_6636_n.jpg

My jeep when I got it. That was 5 years ago when I was 15.
228650_1034415152143_1578387732_30102229_9354_n.jpg

Get posting! I've always wanted to play with one of the s10 based mail jeep strictly for the hell of it

Get posting! I've always wanted to play with one of the s10 based mail jeep strictly for the hell of it
S10 based Jeep? Ya lost me there. The Jeeps were Jeeps, as in AMC. The newer, little short trucks, LLVs in postal speak, were built by Grumann on the S10 chassis. Two totally different animals built in different decades for the same mundane task.

Crappy phone pic. Don't let the "good" looks fool you. This thing is a turd.

Attachments

• Mongrel.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 146
When I was a young pup,I worked at a Shell station as a wrench.Every car we worked on got a free car wash.(including U.S.P.S Jeeps) Those would leave hella tire smoke in the car wash! Right on the msin drag,never once heard about it,unreal.

Old jeeps are cool.
Quite a few years back I build a fiberglass CJ-J from a bare frame.
340, NP435, 203 case, put it on 36" swampers and a winch, that jeep had too much power if there is such a thing.

Here is a pic of my current 48 CJ-2A frame off resto.
This one has a .080 over flat head, 3-speed and 5.38 lockeres front and rear.

1002141n.jpg

Well I don't see any rust!
Wait till the build thread begins. Floors are big ol patches, cowl full of Bondo, door bottoms swiss cheese, and the quarters have big "Bondo Zits", as in putty bubbles. Has a nice grille and hood, so those are gonna be modified too. Hate to have anything virginal left on this one.

I have a 99 XJ with a custom roof rack and big plans for it.
Od green, nothing higher than a 3" lift, 31's and good drivetrain upgrades.

Some other secret mods.

Build It! Build It! Build It! Build It! Build It! Build It! Build It! Build It! Build It! Build It! Build It! Build It! Build It! Build It! Build It! Build It!

if you ain't makin dust...yur eatin dust...whens ya gonna git started on it?
Check out the thread titled "MONGREL" on the resto section. Started today, didn't get a lot done, but went mining for filler and found lots. Apparently the last several body shops this thing has seen didn't have welders.

i did check it out.....could be a fun ride...never seen a pro street mail jeep yet......that'd be kewl....good luck with it

-
Back