Is building a stroked 318 better than a stroked 340/360?

-
Build what you want, then settle for what you can afford.

by all logic then he should stick with his original plan and go 440.

But you knew what I meant. The smaller engine is the underdog because it has to work harder to get the same output than the bigger cube engine does.
I understand and basically agree with you, my point is a 318 not necessarily a underdog in capability, but more where it makes it's power which to me is more of a design consideration.

Eg. I want/need/designed to make X hp in Y powerband how am I gonna do it, or I'm gonna take X engine and make Y hp and design the car around it etc..

Problem is most take the route I'm gonna have vague goals pick random hp build this engine cause of vague reasons and barely take the rest of the car and driveline into consideration.
Which is generally gonna have more negative effect on smaller displacements than larger ones, don't necessarily make them an underdog just poorly built.

Not bad at all! I think Steve Dulcich build a 318 with stock parts that made a little over 400 HP. But I believe he used magnum heads on that build.
He did 3 that I know of one with magnum heads one with ported 302 heads and one with older eq's then he ported the eq's for 425 hp. Think the cams were comp 280, xe268h, xe285h on 10 ish to 1.

-
Back