Is he smoking crack??

-
Ya know, Im about sick of stereo typing BS. Everyone I know smokes crack and We never overprice our parts. Dont group us with with the A holes.

" ... you can always be earlier... " Really ??? By that logic , I can toss a 340 into a '74 Dart Sport and it'd be okay , as " you can always be earlier " .

$1,000 for a flippin' washer bottle ?!?!?
Fill that sucker up with vinegar and use it to clean your ... well , you know

There is a difference between a $10K restoration and a $40K restoration, just because you can't afford the latter doesn't mean it isn't worth it to the guy that can. I don't ***** about it, I just look for the part I CAN afford.

People "***** about it" because if people start taking note of prices like this, eventually it becomes the market price for these parts and most of us are all priced out of the hobby.

exactly the reason I have begun to hate seeing things like barret jackson on TV all the time (and of course things like pawn stars, auction hunters, etc.) that drive the prices of all sorts of collectors items up by giving the biggest "pipe dream" price you can dream up as what an item is worth.

Crazy expensive turn lenses and little "fiddly" parts like that will end up making that nice 833 4-speed you want be priced at a grand or so for a core part. It's happened accross the collector car market already.

Thats the Mitchell bros I believe, I bought a RH one from him a lot cheaper than his LH one. I asked him though, why so high in $$, and he simply said supply and demand. I tried to rationalize it, why so few LH ones, and the only thing I could think of is fender-benders at intersections when making a LH turn??

He's right; market price is a function of supply and demand. But judging by everybody's reaction, I think it's safe to say that he's overestimated the demand curve by a long shot...

-
Back