Is it common for right leaf spring to sag quicker?

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
Starting to get some sag out of the right rear spring.

It's minitubbed and my .003 SS springs moved inward 3"' has fat tires, 12.5 on 15x10 wheel with 7.5 inch backspace, no sway bar,has 1.5" lowering blocks and 2 degree pinion shims.

I am running heavy duty 1.09 torsion bars and the car has always handled pretty darn well but it plowed on me the other day while driving with a passenger making a left turn on a down hill slope and I noticed a crap load of sag afterwards on the right rear while sitting still, well 1/2" lower right side.
Front ride height is dead nuts even.

My last modification was the 2 degree pinion shims which lowered me about 1/4 inch more in the rear.

Oh, I also removed the rear spring clamps last summer.

I also don't mind removing the 1.5 inch lowering blocks to get some more lift in the rear, probably have the blocks machined to 1".

Looks like I may need to have them re arched and matched up.

im no pro at suspensions but most of the torque is on that side so that means more stress but i never had that prob with the super stock springs but i did have it with the stock springs i may be wrong but a bit lower on the right side my help 60 ft times wish i could help more jimjim

Thanks Jim.
Yeah I was thinking that as well, but the 1/2" difference is driving me nuts because the rake on the driver side is nice but the pass side is tucking into the wheel well a bit and its killing me. LOl.

I wonder if I machined a 1/2" off the right lowering block if that would screw up my geometry having two different sized blocks on each side? Hmmm but it would even out the ride height.

I know this is the part where someone tells me to yank the spring out, quit bitching and fix the friggin thing.

Machine the lowering block on the right side to raise it :thumleft:

We had to do the opposite on my car. Added a couple of lowering blocks to the right side to level out the SS springs. I haven't had any issues at all in 1 1/2 years or so of driving.

Eventually, the rear springs will be replaced, but when the wheels and tires were changed, the car needed a lil lift and the SS springs were in stock. Price was right LOL :smile:

I can't think of any reason that machining your right side block would create a problem with your geometry. The change would be miniscule IMO.

We had to do the opposite on my car. Added a couple of lowering blocks to the right side to level out the SS springs. I haven't had any issues at all in 1 1/2 years or so of driving.

Eventually, the rear springs will be replaced, but when the wheels and tires were changed, the car needed a lil lift and the SS springs were in stock. Price was right LOL :smile:

I can't think of any reason that machining your right side block would create a problem with your geometry. The change would be miniscule IMO.

Cool, glad to hear someone else that actually did this.
I will give it a shot and see how it does.

-
Back