is it normal?

-

gotdust57@yahoo

Reaction score
is it normal for passenger tire on my 73 duster to be stickimg out about 1/2" farther out towards my fender then tire on drivers side, i dont mean slanting out or anything like that, just straight up and down, rim is all the way against the drum and everything is tight, no vibrations, thanks sorry i was not so clear it is on the front

No, that is not normal. Why it is that way... I have no clue. Check wheel/wheel offset. If it is not that, then your rear end is not where it should be.

I'd say measure it from a hard point like the inside fender well. The fenders can flex alot or be aligned differently.
Wait, are we talking front or rear? could be a bent shackle or any number of things

It's more common than you think. Ma Mopar didn't do a really great job at centering rearend housings. If you can check off any differences in tire size, rim width and rim backspacing (and the occassional spacer that has adhered to a wheel), you probably have a rearend hosuing that is not perfectly centered. You can take measurements easy enough to see if that is the case.

It's more common than you think. Ma Mopar didn't do a really great job at centering rearend housings. If you can check off any differences in tire size, rim width and rim backspacing (and the occassional spacer that has adhered to a wheel), you probably have a rearend hosuing that is not perfectly centered. You can take measurements easy enough to see if that is the case.

this is on the front thanks

agreed i had a truck that was the same way

More than likely it left the factory that way or the front sub-frame has been wacked some time in it's life.
Mother Mopar was not know for close tolerances on the body assembly line.
I have seen doors that would not shut (unless you body slammed them) but the body line matched perfect and some others would shut with 1 finger but the body lines did not line up. I am talking about up to 3/8" off.

-
Back