Is it over full and where is the vent .

-

Fisher

Old Guy with a Cool car.
Reaction score
Big block 727 full manual valve body with deep tci pan and 10" converter. Also has external trans cooler. According to TCI trans pan hold 2 more litres or quarts over stock. I have 8.5 litres in it, and i guess i dont know how to check fluid levels? I left it in park, i am hearing i need to check this in neutral. Anyway all is good until i put it in gear, run it through the gears in the garage and the next thing i know i have fluid running out from behind the converter. I was very careful to install the converter, used white grease on the snout and made sure it seated in the pump. I have other electrical issues too so need to sort that out before i can check the trans fluid again.

It takes 9 quarts to fill a completely empty stock trans and converter...

What level does the dipstick say???

I have no idea at this time the car does not run. will check it after i get the electrical bullshit sorted out too. Car may be for sale soon. not too happy at this point.

First off, liters and quarts are NOT the same. now, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

LMAO RRR. What is the correct ay to check fluid levels in a Mopar? Hot while in neutral?

Ok this is looking more positive by the moment. I am hoping its an over fill issue and its just pushing it out the vent and not a converter pump seal issue. i dont want to have to pull the car all apart to remove the trans.

Ltrs are bigger than quarts but not that much bigger ,2qts over stock would be 11 qts which is about 10.41 litres .

Nope. The only vent that's necessary is the one behind the converter. Glad you got it fixed.

Now you won't have to determine if the transmission fluid puddle is metric or SAE. lol

LMAO well now i am scared that i dont have enough in it? I will have to buy a factory tube and gauge. I am thinking 68-69 383 dart or cuda should fit the bill?

LMAO well now i am scared that i dont have enough in it? I will have to buy a factory tube and gauge. I am thinking 68-69 383 dart or cuda should fit the bill?

I think that would be perfect. But remember, watch those metric puddles. lol

Ok for the record, off my milk jug. one Canadian qt is 1.14 liters; so an ozCan would be .0285 liter.
Your sissy qts having just 32 oz, so they would then be .912 liter or 912 cc
Cuz an ounce is an ounce/the world around, or some such kiddy-rhyme.

We get a lot of stuff up here that's labeled .91liter; a straight-up re-label of a quartUS .
At the supermarket, we have to be careful when price shopping.It's getting trickier all the time.

-
Back