Is it possible to convert??

-
All you need is new leaf springs and the correct shackles.

Also, from your other post, I noticed you car doesn't have an engine in it up front, and half your engine parts (including the heads) are in the trunk. So the car is sitting nose high with a ton of weight in the trunk. Not saying you don't need new leaf springs, but there's a lot more load on them now than there would be if you car was at the proper height and the weight was distributed like normal.

Too many people just figure that the old suspension is no good and needs to be tossed for coilovers. The old suspension parts do need to be replaced because they're worn out, but nothing is wrong with the design for the vast majority of applications that people use these cars for. Converting to coilovers in the back means a full redesign, usually a 3 or 4 link system. Most of those kits cost $1,500 or more. Or you could spend $300 on new leaf springs and bushings, which will work just fine for probably 99% of the things most people use these cars for.

There's a motor in the car a running driving motor the parts in the trunk are just upgrad parts

You are changing the dynamics of the entire situation. This is sort of like two guys holding a weight, let's say you have a device sort of like a stretcher with a guy at each end, and a weight "down towards" one end. One guy has more of the weight. If you TILT that weight the guy on the other end has to hold up even more of the load.

Ok, as the rear of the car gets higher, I thought the shackle side of the spring would see less weight not more. As well as the weight of the rear of the car would be less and the front wheels would see more of the weight.

I guess I'm just not seeing it. I'd like to see someone use a scale to measure the weight the shackle side of the spring sees with different shackle length. Could remove the shackle and use different lengths of wood blocks to simulate different shackle lengths.

I'm not real sure why the rear of the spring seems to be holding more weight as the shackle is lengthened, but it IS clear that it is happening.

-
Back