Is sears Joking??

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
i now see what the negativeity towards sears has been for!!!!!

i have everything form sears ...i am Miss sears ...everything throughout my house is from sears....including the water heater......

three weeks ago the water heater started having a pilot light problem ....the pilot light wont stay on.....so i had to kick it on manually to take a shower or do anything.

so yesterday after weeks they finally came and replaced the pilot light burner assembly.....it worked for about two hours after they left and then the pilot light shut off again ....this time i cant get it kicked on manually...its totally dead .....im not sure what they did....and it cost me $134.00 to make the problem worse.

so without hot water i call them back last night and they are telling me that they cant send someone to fix it right untill jan 21.

so this afternoon i took a deep breath and took a cold shower and let me tell you really cold water really stings your body.....

is this seriously a joke from sears :blackeye::blackeye:

That's totally unacceptable service, and yes i haven't been a fan of Sears for many years. Sorry i can't help you from here Rani, but please be careful dealing with a malfunctioning gas heater in the house.

If the pilot light won't stay on it is usually due to a bad thermocouple. Costs a few dollars to replace it.

Where in Colorado are you located have contacts for the Denver area that may be able to assist

Yep, I agree with Rick, be very careful with the nat. gas. I rent mine...costs me approx $20 a month, but well worth it, we run outta hot water its not my problem. Dial the # and get it fixed. I have ng here too. Sounds like you own yours?? Maybe want to look into a rental?? Good luck.....cold showers arent fun!!

i havnt been a fan of sears since they started making there craftsman tools in mexico. im sorry to hear how there treating you 135.00 for nothing.

wish i could help Rani, i know how cold its been. i would be ripping them a new one non stop for that ****

Don't take NO for an answer. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
That is unacceptable.

Darryl

Yep, I agree with Rick, be very careful with the nat. gas. I rent mine...costs me approx $20 a month, but well worth it, we run outta hot water its not my problem. Dial the # and get it fixed. I have ng here too. Sounds like you own yours?? Maybe want to look into a rental?? Good luck.....cold showers arent fun!!

I have never heard of renting a water heater. A quality water heater will usually last around 10 years around here so that would be $2400 for rent.

Nothing like a cold shower to wake you up. We have a tankless Propane water heater. No pilot, water flow triggers the ignitor.....

I have never heard of renting a water heater. A quality water heater will usually last around 10 years around here so that would be $2400 for rent.

Xs2 never heard of renting a heater ...this is the one i have ...dont know if yours is similar...its a 2008 model. its way taller than me

Attachments

• CIMG1785.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 526
Gotta love the pan not hooked to anything/outside....Is that Colorado code......:D.

they cut the pan when they came to service it ...they said without cutting it they couldnt get the pilot burner assembly out. so its completely sliced open on the side

We had the same problem with ours awhile back, bad thermocoupler, bought a new one at Home Depot for a few bucks like DFX 340 Duster said.

Electric, professionally done by........me:D.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 509
  • 002.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 504
they cut the pan when they came to service it ...they said without cutting it they couldnt get the pilot burner assembly out. so its completely sliced open on the side

Sounds like the tech was an idiot. Cut the pan and then not even stay around long enough to make sure it works correctly.

Rani I bet you will fix it yourself.

well i would try but its principle now ......they need to fix it or give me my $134.00 back ...i can barely afford that as it is but i paid it bcoz i want to be resposible with the house and keep it in good shape ......talk about feeling totally screwed over.

-
Back