is spatter trunk paint orignial

-

duckbuster

Reaction score
I had a 74 Gold Duster back in 1982 I remember the trunk was spatter painted did Mopar ever do this or was it done by another owner?

im going to say no i worked in Bshop 23 yr. and don't remeber it unless it was somthing done extra for that car (gold duster) i no g.m. was hell for it .i no if you do it let it dry good and put clear over it.to seal it or one ot thos rannyweeks u mite see it running out on the ground (from the dampnest).........

Mopar did not do it from the factory, they were all body color in the trunks.
I think it looks like **** on anything.

Chrysler did use splatter paint on some cars back in the early 60's cars, usually the higher end cars. Other than that..body paint.

I had a 74 Gold Duster back in 1982 I remember the trunk was spatter painted did Mopar ever do this or was it done by another owner?

Probably done to detail the car to resell it. I used to do work for dealers back then and I bought the stuff by the gallon. It was a popular way to freshen up the trunk.
Certain 60s Mopar were factory splatter painted, depending on the plant where it was built. I had 2 '66 Satellites, one was splatter, the other was body color. Same way with some other B-bodies. I also have a '70 Polara that is splatter painted.
Dallas

I know the Dodge wagons of the 66 down were splatter paint on the plywood rear deck. I remember other manufactures using in a lot. My 66 cuda didnt have any.
Frank

My parents' 1967 New Yorker had splatter paint in the trunk. They purchased the car new.

-
Back