Is the splined shaft on a power steering box smaller than a manual?

-

rmchrgr

Skate And Destroy
Reaction score
Seems to be... thing is wobbling around, does not even remotely fit snugly. Didn't put the roll pin in yet because it seemed totally wrong. I understand that when you usually use these adpaters, you are converting to manual steering but in my particular case, I was making up for my steering shaft being too short due to a floor shift conversion.

Anyone else run into this? Guess I didn't realize there was a difference in the steering gear shaft diameters. ](*,)

I can use a manual box, I have a few hanging around but was attempting to keep the power steering.

Thanks,

- Greg

i converted from power steering to manual steering and purchased from Mancinni Racing an adapter. It seems like the adapter will work ok. Splines are the same.

i converted from power steering to manual steering and purchased from Mancinni Racing an adapter. It seems like the adapter will work ok. Splines are the same.

They sure as hell are not the same on mine, I have the original power box from my 67 and a 74 Duster junker, and swapped in a manual box. Splines are different

They sure as hell are not the same on mine, I have the original power box from my 67 and a 74 Duster junker, and swapped in a manual box. Splines are different

Yeah, kinda what I was thinking. Oh well, looks like I'm converting the car to manual.

Power steering is for wimps anyway. :burnout:

What year car are you working on? (just curious ) I dont know if that matters
I "thought" the couplings were the same also.

Power steering is for wimps anyway. :burnout:

,,,and just when I was feelin good about the decent PS Box I found in the barn (that would cost me $0)...

Thx alot, rmchrgr :(

-
Back