Is there a 318source.com?

-

chlngr1970

Reaction score
I am wondering where y'all get your small block stroker kits from. Is there a place like 440source that has small block stroker kits, and has good details/deals on them? I am thinking of stroking a small block just for kicks, and would like to find more information on the subject.

j

Nope. Everyone has thier own kits, their own ideas, etc. I've used kits from mancini Racing and Campbell Enterprises, and bought parts individually. Do some research. There's plenty of posts on it everywhere.

It's true that there are tons of suppliers out there. Take your pick!

Nope. Everyone has thier own kits, their own ideas, etc. I've used kits from mancini Racing and Campbell Enterprises, and bought parts individually. Do some research. There's plenty of posts on it everywhere.
What is your experience with your purchases? Good, bad? What was the quality of the parts?

How about this site?About a grand for a small block stroker rotating assy.?

Kit Details

New Eagle Cast Steel Crankshaft
New Eagle SIR Lightweight Steel I Beam Connecting Rods ( Bushed Fit Pins)
Keith Black Hypereutectic Pistons
Performance Piston Ring Set
Clevite 77 Performance rod and main bearing set
Rotating kits will require balancing

Thanks for your input.

j

You'll find the parts are the same quality by manufacturer, not supplier. The Eagle cast cranks will be fine if you are looking to stay between 400-450hp. I have a couple making more but I go to greater lengths to make sure things are "right" than some others. So if it's a mild build, the cast crank is fine. The quality is average. They have taper and are usually all over in terms of journal size. So your shop should measure carefully. Thr rods are fine, but should be cycled and then the big ends measured. I would not, and do not use hypereutectics in a stroker. Not for any reason. SRP makes a nice fairly inexpensive forged piston. With 4" strokers, head choice NEEDS to be made before you order pistons. Lastly, I only internal balance my engines. Especially with the cast crank I would call it imperative if you want it to live. Something to remember in all this, done right, 450hp and 450+ torque are easy to achieve with fairly mild parts. So bear that in mind when you're budgeting and choosing parts. The best place to start with is your budget, and the expectations/needs.

Strokerkits.com has a SCAT stroker kit for like $1,095 non-balanced but includes forged pistons, rings and bearings.... I would do this if I had 1100 to spend at once. I buy all separately. If you get part #'s, you can search the net for the best price and have Summit price match to save HUGE on shipping!! CNC-Motorsports has a deal now if you buy a crank and rods you get Clevite77 Bearings for free!!
Example.....Summit ICON745 pistons w/rings is $565
CNC ICON745 pistons w/rings $510ish

Good Luck,

Brian

-
Back