is there a 7260-1330 conversion joint?

-

green67cuda

Reaction score
just what the topis says...if not, i'll need to get another yoke.....

also, i'd need to get rid of the one i have...are the 29 spline 1330 yokes worth anything?

well...i found my answer, and it's NO, as i thought....
so....
i can either stay with a 7260 joint and save some cash by getting a 7260 yoke, or i can get a whole new driveline and yoke for either a 7290 or 1350 setup.....what do you all think???

"how strong" is a 7260 joint????

I think unless you have plans on hard launches with slicks the 2760 will be fine.

green67cuda said:
well...i found my answer, and it's NO, as i thought....
so....
i can either stay with a 7260 joint and save some cash by getting a 7260 yoke, or i can get a whole new driveline and yoke for either a 7290 or 1350 setup.....what do you all think???

"how strong" is a 7260 joint????

I would swap to a 7290 u-joint driveshaft at the bare minimum. I know you mentioned you'd like to make it to the 11 second mark, I just wouldn't risk it with the small 7260 u-joint.

Just remember this, if you break a u-joint you have a very good chance of hurting the transmission. Most of my customer cars are getting the 1350 1 ton U-joint driveshafts.

For what its worth, my red car has been 1.38 on the 60 foot, off a transbrake launch with an 8 3/4, and 7260 u-joint front and rear. :shock: :D

Chris

8i think that for now, then, the 7260 yoke will be ok...then on down the road, i can upgrade the whole driveline....i'm using a solid spacer with shims in the 489, so a yoke change later will be no problem

stick with cheap now and upgrade when i need to....

i want to start on my 65 comet project, so the barracuda will have to wait for big purchases for awhile

Green67,

Good luck. Also when you do upgrade to 7290, you might want to get the good pinion yoke that uses u-bolts instead of the conventional u-joint straps. Just something to think about, as I've seen the straps fail. It's one less headache for ya down the road.

Good call on solid pinion spacer for your 489.

Chris

There is spicer joint part# 5-599x is the conversion joint. Works very well . I have a 70 dart with 1.24 to 1.26 60ft. Have not had no problems with it. Ran for about 2 years. They have 1330 yoke for 904 at A&A or mancini Racing.

-
Back