is there a difference?

-

racyroy1

Reaction score
Hello,

Is there a difference between disc brake UCA's and drum UCA's?

I bought a disc brake coversion off of a 74 valiant, it came with upper control arms. in one control arm i can get the new ball joint in, in the other i can't, i'm assuming that maybe the one is damaged and the ball joint won't fit. I have a set of UCA's that came off of a non disc brake 72 scamp. Can I use the non disc brake UCA with the disc brakes as long as i use the bigger ball joint or will the disc brake ball joint not fit the drum UCA.

Thank you for clearing up my dilema

kevin

73 is the cut -off year-- 73- up is the larger ball joint -- while 72- down is the smaller one.
so no you cannot mix'match that. you need the larger ball joint to go with the 73-up disc brake stuff.

double check your 74 arm-- post up some pictures & you will gets lot's of assistance ,Lawrence

but the uca's are the same just not the ball joint, which is obvious or is the hole to small also. I'll post some pics tomorrow, to late tonight.

No, the control arms are NOT the same. The hole for the ball joint is a different size. They are otherwise physically the same.

-
Back