is there a "GOOD" Ford board???

-

4flats

Reaction score
Do any of you know of a "GOOD" Ford board? I love FABO, but I really hate asking questions about my Fords on here. I'm looking for a site with good information on old - non-mustang Ford cars and trucks. All the websites I've tried take weeks or months for anyone to add to a thread, or they are just not very knowlegable. There are tons of sites for mustangs, and even new fords (how many times do you need to ask about installing a cold air kit and cat-back exhaust?), I've even found some really good rat-rod sites, but nothing for the less-common old cars. Even a non-specific old car site would be an improvement.
I still have my Dart, I still like this as a social network, but I need some Ford info. I know a lot of you guys are members of other boards, and a lot of you have Fords and Chevys - HELP!

Am I just spoiled by FABO? Is there no other good site out there?

You could try this one..... http://www.fordmods.com/
I'm a member of it...there quite a few knowledgeable blokes there.
You didn't, however, mention what Ford you have....????

I'm looking for a site with good information on old - non-mustang Ford cars and trucks.

JoeyChgo might be able to help, he's into Fords.
What exactly are you looking for?

My daily driver is a '68 Galaxie 500 XL, 302 2v with a crus-o-matic, my "farm truck" is a '74 f-100, 302 2v C4.

A '68 Galaxie 500 XL? Nice. I'll pole around and see what I can see.

Thanks cjh. I just briefly checked it out and bookmarked it. Looks interesting, but I don't know about diffreences between Austrailian and American Fords, especially in the assembly and interior options, but hey, one more good source of information is greatly appreciated!

Hey guys, thanks for the help. I've tried fordmuscle, it's not too bad, but more geared toward mustangs and newer trucks, the galaxie club sites are mostly into perfect restorations. Maybe my sights are set too high - I'm looking for FABO, only for Galaxies! I'm gonna give fordmuscle another shot, I'm really looking for FABO members who have had good experiences with these boards. I'm really not all that internet savy, so I figure if you guys like it, I'll like it too.

Maybe if JoeyChgo is into Fords, he could be persuaded to start up another site. Hmmm?

I'm just spoiled. I tried pretty-much all day and all the ford sites I went to either made me want to toss my computer in the trash or read a book. I joined fordmuscle and posted a few things, but it looks to be a "once a weeker", I'm used to instant gratification from FABO. Looks like I'll still be descretely slipping ford questions into the General Discussin board. Please forgive me.

I'm just spoiled. I tried pretty-much all day and all the ford sites I went to either made me want to toss my computer in the trash or read a book. I joined fordmuscle and posted a few things, but it looks to be a "once a weeker", I'm used to instant gratification from FABO. Looks like I'll still be descretely slipping ford questions into the General Discussin board. Please forgive me.

I feel you. I have a 99 Ranger and an 02 Ranger I would like to find a forum for, but they're just not FABO. We are spoiled.

i honestly see no problem asking for Ford help on here.We own Mopars yes,but alot of us also own other cars as well.Thats what I love about FABO.You can ask for help with your moped or lawnmower, and most likely you will get an answer.People here are great,and you wont get a snobby"this is a Mopar site,not a Ford site!":cheers:

For trucks www.fordification.com has a great group of guys and is the next best thing to the way FABO USED to be.
Thanks, 360scamp, I'll try that one. I finally got the answers I needed on ford muscle. They seem to be ok guys, just takes a while. It's not often there are 33 members on FABO, but that was the max I saw yesterday on the ford site. I don't blame them, heck, I'm on FABO right now! I've never gotten a bad response on here, I just feel like I am dumping a turd in the punchbowl, ya know? I love my Galaxie, but folks are brought together here by and for mopars and I don't want to abuse that.

-
Back