Is there a nice chrome Gas cap for A-bodies?

-

Palmetto

Reaction score
Has anyone found a nice-looking chrome gas cap for A-body mopars? I like the later Barracuda caps and the ones on the 68 Chargers, but the Darts and Dusters have an el-cheapo looking body-colored one.
If they don't have one on the market, someone should make one with the looks of the Barracuda and Charger caps combined, but downsized to fit an A-body... It would be really cool if it said Mopar on it... It could be twist-on like the cheapo ones are, but just something to make the gas cap look cooler.

View attachment fuel 1.jpg

View attachment fuel 2.jpg

I found on e bay an NOS locking gas cap chrome for my Dart.

Attachments

• cruise2.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 398
A guy on here (formulasullivan) sells the adapter that mounts a 68-70 Charger or 67-69 Barracuda cap. 69-70 gas caps will say Fuel in them thats is engraved into it.

running one of the flip out adapter's on my 66 Cuda with a later Cuda cap, it looks good

I have the adapter and I run the 69 style barracuda cap on my dart,

I have a flip top for a challenger and I plant to eventually have the cap repositioned on the upper quarter crease. The local body shop said that they can make a bowled in section to make it fit. There are not many places that you can put it on A bodies to make it look right, which is probably why they never did that with most of them. I know some earlier models had them.

A guy on here (formulasullivan) sells the adapter that mounts a 68-70 Charger or 67-69 Barracuda cap. 69-70 gas caps will say Fuel in them thats is engraved into it.

From the thread it seems that 4mulaSvaliant is MIA. No activity since April and not responding to the thread he started. Wish he would show back up! :)

I run a Plain (Body Color) Locking Cap on my Dusters, Demons & Dart Sports. It blends in very well with the quarter panel

Have a chrome twist on cap in my dart sport, but I have the original body color one that I may put back on when I get it painted

doworkdowork002.jpg

..This came on my friend's 69 Signet.
On my car, I have a cell in the trunk so my gas filler does'nt exist anymore.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 206
I bought a chrome gas cap for my Dart Sport at Napa. In stock on the shelf.
What ever you prefer for your car is great-

Gotta be careful at shows/ cruises- I had have my body color cap "disappear"

If I remember right-when cars were new- from the beginning if you lost your original cap and went to the dealer or aftermarket all you got was the bright-chrome-stainless one-

Don't mean it can't be painted
As long as its preped right it'll lady as long as the paint on the car

-
Back