Is there a popular Aftermarket kit available for 71' A bodies?

-

340Dust-her

Reaction score
I have a 1971 plymouth duster. It has the ol 4 wheel drum brakes. The front's have to go. Obviously I'd need a booster and to convert it to power brakes. I was interested in going with Baer, but cant find anything on them. Any help or suggestions would be great. I'm not interested in doing late model A body disc conversions, considering some of the calipers are rotted along with cracked rotors. Thanks in advance.

A number of members have done the Scarebird conversion which is low cost (<$300) and allows continued use of the SBC wheels.

The factory '73-76 LBC Abody setup is a good approach in that you can purchase Mopar factory replacement parts at most parts stores for cheap.

You will need the spindles, caliper adapters, Upper cntl arms, and whatever else you can grap from the front suspension off of a '73-'76 factory disc brake equipped donor car.

The overall cost to do the LBC conversion includes the cost of adding LBC wheels, unless you already have those. Also, you eventually need to change the SBC rear axles for LBC axles (unless you have the SBC axles re-drilled to teh LBC).

IMHO you do not need power brakes on an A body. The manual disc setup foregoes the brake booster and is a more simple setup.

you can also use the F,M,J and late B disc set-up for the swap.

I did the disc conversion on my 66 Dart,got parts off a 73 Dart Swinger doner car.I went to the parts store and bought NEW rotors,pads,flex lines,calipers,ball joints(lower)and a double M.cylinder.I already had LBP rallys.Car stops great now!

HAELEE,S EASTER 09 070.jpg

HAELEE,S EASTER 09 071.jpg

-
Back