Is There an old school way to track down your cars build information?

-

SirFartsALot

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the build card information for my VIN, number, was missing from the files from the FCA Historical Services of North America. Does anyone know of a book or another old school way that I can find out the information on my 1966 Plymouth Valiant Signet?

V/r
SirFartsALot

I would guess the only way to know for sure is the info from Chrysler Historical.

Sounds like the most information you'll get is off your fender tag. I take it you've looked in the hidden places for a broadcast sheet??

Most common is behind/under the rear seat. Above the glove box, under the carpet, above the headliner, behind the front seatback (that’s where I found the broadcast sheet for a 70 440 6pak Challenger!)

I also have a sheet from another car. From what I've read when your car went down the line it made 12 stops (shops). If you look at the codes numbers for options, the groups appear to be in a logical order in which a car would be built.

Anyway the sheet was used to build the car by the shop it was in. I've read where as many as five sheets were found in one car. Also common to find a different car sheet in your car. The only thing common with my car and the sheet found was the car color.

Does your car have a fender tag?? If so, you can get a lot of the information your looking for off it.

I also have a sheet from another car. From what I've read when your car went down the line it made 12 stops (shops). If you look at the codes numbers for options, the groups appear to be in a logical order in which a car would be built.

Anyway the sheet was used to build the car by the shop it was in. I've read where as many as five sheets were found in one car. Also common to find a different car sheet in your car. The only thing common with my car and the sheet found was the car color.

Does your car have a fender tag?? If so, you can get a lot of the information your looking for off it.
My car has a vin number tag on the drivers side door seal (If that is what it is called?)
It also has the fender tag when you open the hood on the drivers side. I don't quit understand what everything means and it is hard to read....

Yes, fender tag is under the hood. Take a pic and post it. if I can read it I'll try and let you know what it all means.

-
Back