Is there an option for the wiper / light switches

-

grassy

Reaction score
Hi,

I am replacing the gauge cluster and was thinking about moving the light / wiper switches to the console.

Are there any parts out on the market that can replicate the finction of these switches ?

Thanks
Ian,

if you dont mind modifying your wiring i used a couple universal ones on my dash i got them on ebay

Attachments

• 100_2346[1].jpg
    131 KB · Views: 115
Grassy, as far as headlights, you don't really need to replicate. I would run relays anyhow, which means that lighter duty switches could be used. There are many, many ways of setting this up. On my old Landcruiser I used a center off/ DPDT (double pole, double throw) toggle switch. So that has 3 positions---center off, and up, and down. This will have 6 screw terminals, and is essentially 2 separate switches side by side.

Here's how I wired it. I wired park and tail "on" so that was easy

Feed headlight fuse to one center terminal, tail fuse to the other.

On the tail side, hook both outer terminals together, and wire that off to tail/ park lights. This causes the tail/ park to be center off, tail/ park ONLY "down," and tail park (and head) "up."

So on the headlight side, you are only using two of the 3. fuse / power to center, headlights on the terminal that is activated with toggle "up."

For dash light dimmer, I'll have to measure the resistance of the dash dimmer. You can buy a rheostat from an electronics supplier to do that

Wipers might be a different issue---the dammed things are just wired weird, with some "ground leg" switching in some motors. Might just be better to adapt a factory switch

67dart,

You were into Brit metal as well ? I have printed off your response.

Dvav,

That looks great...I cannot decide if I will used brushed aluminum or have it powder coated. Did you get the blinker lights, etc on e-bay too. Radio Shack use to carry that stuff but I don't know where to source it now.

ian.

thanks . yes i got the lights on ebay too

-
Back