IS THERE ANY BODY CAN HELP ME IDENTIFY A CAM

-
purple shafts usually didnt have useable part numbers. You can determine what it is by measuring the base circle and the lobe and taking the difference as the lift, multiply by 1.5 for effective valve lift and go to purple shaft catalog and match it up. duration is difficult to determine but lift is pretty easy.

purple shafts usually didnt have useable part numbers. You can determine what it is by measuring the base circle and the lobe and taking the difference as the lift, multiply by 1.5 for effective valve lift and go to purple shaft catalog and match it up. duration is difficult to determine but lift is pretty easy.

I HAVE A OLD PURPLE SHAFT CAM THE # ON THE CAM IS 951107 PLEASE NEED HELP MIKE

My suggestion would be to take it into a automotive machine shop. They can tell you intake and exhaust lift as well as duration, and if needed bearing size. This will cost nothing or not much at all depending on the shop but either way it will take very little time for them and it will be very accurate.

That number may be the contract number of the firm that ground them for that batch as they outsourced that stuff to the lowest bidder.

I do not know of any purple shafts with a 9xxxxx number
but I do have a pretty good list if you do the measurements as suggested above
would help to know which engine
OK Big Block
and not a HEMI?
will stay tuned
1 bolt or 3 bolt

well, if its a .322 lobe lift off the base circle, (.322 X 1.5=.484) its a 284/.484 "Roadrunner" grind.

You can ball park the lift by measuring with calipers parallel with the nose (the height of the lobe), and then perpendicular to the lobe (base circle) then subtract the two and multiply by 1.5 to get the lift and see where it matches with the purple shaft grinds....

-
Back