Is there anyway to decipher this?

-
I can make out some of it. Can you get a straight on shot? The angle makes it tough.

http://i.imgur.com/BSs3Uv9.jpg

I can decipher 4 numbers, 5470 in the top section. The bottom section is easier to read, I think I can read it all. Thanks everyone

My wife taught me this trick, it works awesome. If you have an iPhone 4s or 5, (8 megapixel) take a close-up picture of it, making sure it is in clear focus. Then view the pic on your photo app and zoom in on it. You will be amazed how well this works.

My wife taught me this trick, it works awesome. If you have an iPhone, take a close-up picture of it, making sure it is in clear focus. Then view the pic on your photo app and zoom in on it. You will be amazed how well this works.

Tried doing that with my phone, can make out 5, maybe 6 numbers. What is the significance of the number? My Dad told me, but for the life of me I can't remember at the moment

the top section of the tag should be the vehicle weight information - front, rear and total. The bottom is the vin and should be same as the one on the dash.
It is possible to figure it out. You need to give the info on the car YMM and engine and trans, Someone may have one close to yours with a good tag with info on it.

the top section of the tag should be the vehicle weight information - front, rear and total. The bottom is the vin and should be same as the one on the dash.
It is possible to figure it out. You need to give the info on the car YMM and engine and trans, Someone may have one close to yours with a good tag with info on it.

Engine is a /6 225, Transmission is a 727. I have a book that has all the weights of all the cars built from something like 1963-1976. Could look all that up in there.

-
Back