Is there other that Layson's out there?

-

WestRidge

Dart -64
Reaction score
I know that several doesn't talk nice about Layson's. I have tried to google for similar vendors but I can't find any other than ebay sellers.

Any suggestions about new reproduction seller's to Mopar A-body and especially earlyA-body's?

Gary Goers makes reproduction rubber parts and gaskets.

www.dantesparts.com has better prices than Layson's- but to his credit Mr. Layson has reprouduced a few parts for our neglected A bodies that others haven't.

What parts are you looking for? If you can tell us what exactly you're looking for it makes it easier for members to tell you where to look.

If there's anything I might be able to help you with, please feel free to PM me on this board or shoot me an email at [email protected].

......and......don't believe everything you hear or read about Layson's!!!

Some people have had problems in the past, and others who have NEVER dealt with us somehow always manage to throw their two cents in for whatever that's worth....but I'm here to let you know that I work very hard at what I do and I take my job seriously.

Layson's catalog on line was really lacking but I haven't looked at it for a while. Maybe it has improved.

Rick has always seemed nice but I have never dealt with him other than his posts.

Some of the others I have talked to there in the past had an attitude and acted like they didn't care. I don't do attitude very well so they became my last resort.

Hope I didn't offend you Rick, but I'm heard some negative opinions earlier and I may listened a little bit to those rumors. But never the less it's hard to find vendors that have parts to early A-body's. I'm looking for chrome bumpers, exterior chrome trims moldings, weather stripping, interior parts dashboard parts. And as you all know it's always of interest to know of as many vendors as possible.

No offense taken!!!

If you'd like, message me with your mailing address and I can send you a cd-rom catalog of all the parts we offer.

Word has traveled around the globe. I will vouch for Rick. I bought some taillights from him, and was very pleased.

Another vote of confidence for Rick..I got my floorpans through him last year..

Dave

Rick has been there 100% for me no issues ever! :)

Does laysons sell 68 bcuda conv. rear pocket panels or any other speacialty products specific to that car .for example hard to find ,conv. front windshield gasket lock strip or trunk xtentions thanx

Although I personally have issues with the owner, Dave Layson, Rick's service, attitude and honesty is a tribute to our hobby.
I would not hesitate to do business, which I personally have, with Layson's but will only deal with Rick.

How about www.PGClassic.com I've bought a couple things from them in the past (a little pricy on some things but decent quality). I just got thier new catalog and may be ordering some weather stripping in the Spring.

Excellent weatherstripping available from Metro (use their site to find part numbers, then get it at lower price through RockAuto), Steele, and Soffseal. Much of what Layson's offers is purchased from those companies and marked up.

-
Back