Is this a 5.7 Hemi???

-

Richie

Reaction score
Hi everybody:

I'm totally stupid about new engines and I have to know if this is a Hemi and not god forbid a 4.7. Thanks much :)

DSCF0626_zpscbspgkef.jpg

Vin = 107HU182085631713 TYPE: TRU/CAM

Last edited:
Hemis have 16 spark plugs, count the wires. That picture isn't real helpful

This does appear to be a 5.7 hemi based on the valve covers, and doesn't appear to have any spark plug wires(later model), my 05 look like this but does have 16 plug wires going across the intake. This is a 2008? Could be MDS? What vehicle is it in?

This does appear to be a 5.7 hemi based on the valve covers, and doesn't appear to have any spark plug wires(later model), my 05 look like this but does have 16 plug wires going across the intake. This is a 2008? Could be MDS? What vehicle is it in?
2008 Dodge Ram

DSCF0617_zpsvlui7yzx.jpg

I've got an 06 and a 2010 hemi, pull the covers off each side and you can see where the plugs go, there will be 16 places for them. My 2010 is mds, that doesn't make a difference. There's also a 5.7 cast into the block but I'd have to go to the garage and look for the location

I've got an 06 and a 2010 hemi, pull the covers off each side and you can see where the plugs go, there will be 16 places for them. My 2010 is mds, that doesn't make a difference. There's also a 5.7 cast into the block but I'd have to go to the garage and look for the location
Is this better???

Plug%20Wire_zps31abgneo.jpg

Good. Me and the Boss are still looking for a truck for me to run around in and I found this one last night
Im pretty sure there would be a engine sticker somewhere on the rad support. Lol. But anyways. Ya the 4.7 has "ford looking" coil packs up by the fuel rails.

By 06-07 the hemi had those square coils right on the valve covers.

Furthermore (useless knowledge for the masses. Lol) early hemi's had goofy cross fire coils with 8 coil on plugs and 8 wires.

And
I believe some late 4.7's had a revised head with 16 plugs...but still look completely different looking than a 5.7 due to the cam in the head.

Those look like the coils on my motor in the garage, the wife is gone with the other one, but I'd say it's a hemi.

I didn't know they made dual plug 4.7s, learn something new every day

Funny thing about the sticker just behind the grille over the rad, half of it was torn off so I could see and engine I.D. off of that.

-
Back