Is this a good deal for the MP purple shaft 284 528 solid lifter cam and lifters new in box.

-

Heywodja

The Heartbeat Stops Here
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I think I can get the block and lifters as a package deal for 300.00

IMG_1443.jpeg

IMG_1442.jpeg

I wish I could find one for a slant 6. lol

That's it! Couldn't tell in the original pic. Good deal!
Kinda weird....I've seen the cores purple all the way down and seen them purple on one end. No rhyme or reason that I know of.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help.
Done deal, cam, lifters, .030 block with caps rods and TRW 7025p .030 pistons and a cast crank..he’s even gonna deliver

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut!

Kinda weird....I've seen the cores purple all the way down and seen them purple on one end. No rhyme or reason that I know of.

I am not sure anything had any uniformity back in the day. I would often go do Dick Landys shop and buy their seconds… stuff that was slightly blemished or somerhing minor like that. Crane gold roller rockers and shafts for 150.00 my engines never knew the difference..but my wallet did

I think you are getting totally peeled, and demand you give me the sellers number so I can give him a what for !

Probably a stupid question, but if those are solid lifters, why do they have a lock ring?
Lots of solids have a plunger similar to a hydraulic lifter. They are oil metering solid lifters. They don't pump up, but the plunger controls the oil flow. They are arguably superior to a standard solid lifter.

I wouldn't give any more than 100 bucks for it. The lifters are used.

Looks used to me, as well. Unless the lifters are matched to the lobe they came from on a cam that's been run, you'll need new lifters. I wouldn't trust that someone matched the lifters when they were removed. I'd pass on a used cam, unless I personally removed it, matched lifters and inspected the lobes.

I have a guy who saved my Hughes 3038AL cam. He reground and parkerized it for a fraction of the cost of a new cam.

-
Back