Is this ok to use?

-
It will probably be fine. Get a magnifying glass on it and look for any cracks. If there are none, file the sharp edges with a file and let her rip. Too bad people aren't more thoughtful when packing parts.

It will probably be fine. Get a magnifying glass on it and look for any cracks. If there are none, file the sharp edges with a file and let her rip. Too bad people aren't more thoughtful when packing parts.

X2, just smooth the sharp edges and it should be fine if there isn't any cracks that go deeper into the tooth.
Mototool with a sanding drum works great for that.

Also check backlash and any other possible sloppy areas.

Thanks guys, that makes me feel better! I'll give it a good look and check it all out. Rob, I agree with the shipping statement. There was hardly any packing material between the two. Of course I didnt notice it until I unwrapped them from the cellophane and its been way to long to contact the seller about it.

Hate when that happens.

Drives me nuts when people just toss stuff in a box and it arrives destroyed or damaged.

Like stated, use a Dremel or similar tool to radius the edges removing the sharpness to avoid creating a stress riser and you should be just fine.

I ran a 4.30 at the track for years that looked worse than that. I'd run that without a thought.

Some things arrive and you scratch your head, other items are over protected, it thats possible. Badlilred79 packed my intake very well.

-
Back