Is this radiator a good deal?

-

Caddguy

Reaction score
The guy I bought my Dart off of said that it would overheat sometimes because even though it once had a 318 and now is a 360 car it has a /6 radiator in it. I have drove the car over the weekends a few time and I have had no problems with it but the weather has been cool to cold so far but I am afraid I might have issues when it gets hot if I don't change out the radiator. Searching around I found this and was wondering if it might be good enough or if I should just look more something more.

http://www.shepherdautoparts.com/au...dge/dart/w5LDkcOXw5fDm8K7w5PDl8Oaw5rCosKi.htm

Wow, that seems REAL cheap...

I got a regular stock replacement from rock auto.com ....

You need to upgrade, though... don't chance it with that small one you have now..

Hi there neighbor! Not sure if it's the same brand, we put a radiator similar to that in my son-in-laws dart and it work good.

Hey there neighbor and kinda neighbor. Thanks for the info guys, I think I am going to take the risk and order it.

that looks like a killer deal to me. I just bought one also because of your link. I will either thank you or curse you later. hopefully thank.

I just ordered it so I guess we will see. Ill let you guys know how it works out.

Good prices, I need 22"W for my 65 Dart 273. It looks like 1972 would work. The core dimensions and 2 rows should work.

www.shepherdautoparts.com/autoparts...dge/dart/w5DDm8OVw5PDlMK7w5PDlsORw5TCosKi.htm

However, concerned because:

1. List only Slant Six. If due to lower outlet on passenger side, I need that since swapping to a 1972+ water pump.

2. State "without heavy duty cooling". Why? 2 rows is most I have seen in aluminum radiators.

3. They state "with AC". Is that because AC needs more cooling capacity? Perhaps because the top inlet is on the passenger side, which works better w/ AC. I prefer that.

I will ask, but you know how hard it is to get answers from auto parts shops. If it looks just like the picture it should work, but one never knows until it arrives. No rush since I already have a radiator from Autozone (1972 V-8 I recall, ~$200). I should have waited since still in the box after a year. I am looking because my 65 Newport 383 uses the same size and split the top seam last year - "round-tops" fail at the seam often in my experience.

I have also been following some alum radiators on e-bay. Problem is you must provide a "saddle mount". I haven't seen such, perhaps a design job (don't want that):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0257352475&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Does anybody have any more insight? Radiators are confusing - so many outlet and dimension variations, plus the various fan shrouds.

I just purchased one myself, I will let you know how it works out. It was kind of an impulse buy and now that im looking at it it doesnt say if it is a two core radiator or one core. I hope its two or im gonna be pissed.

Just got off the phone with them and it will be here on wednesday. Let you know how it works out next week.

Just got off the phone with them and it will be here on wednesday. Let you know how it works out next week.

Make sure to take some pic's of it before you install it, would like to see the filler neck, the inlet, outlet, cooler line fittings and the pet ****.

Just got the radiator in today. Everything looks great, exact same as stock, will post pics soon.

I'm interested in seeing real world pictures also. That is such a good deal it 's amazing. Almost makes using a stock radiator seem stupid unless you are after the right numbers.

Yep, it's such a great deal but no body wants to post pic's. I have to wonder why.

will post pics when i get off work. Im working two jobs so dont really have much time.

-
Back