Is this tall enough ?

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
Got my new aircleaner today 5" tall and theirs still room for my 1" spacer. :D

Picture_061.jpg

Adam what kind of carb are u running?i hav a carter 650 will that work on my car u think my dad has a moroso one and the base wont fit on my carb set up its to low the base!

Its an Edelbrock 600. you either need an adapter ring or a flat base air cleaner.a drop base wont work.

I think you should double stack your air cleaner :joker: Looks good, I could only get a 4" with a drop base under my stock Duster hood :(

fastbackcuda said:
Got my new aircleaner today 5" tall and theirs still room for my 1" spacer. :D

Man, I wish I had room like that. I can't even get a stock six pack filter under my hood without chopping a bigger hole...

chad72duster said:
so are you guys trying to make up with some short comings with these big air cleaners :?:

short coming's :scratch: oh I get it :cheers: I can get it there for ya, just remember I don't fold it in half for just anyone :cheers: :thumrigh:

BARRACUDA340S said:
chad72duster said:
so are you guys trying to make up with some short comings with these big air cleaners :?:

short coming's :scratch: oh I get it :cheers: I can get it there for ya, just remember I don't fold it in half for just anyone :cheers: :thumrigh:

:shock: Weres the nbend over smiley ? :D

I dont think there would be much gain from sealing the air cleaner to the hood. The hole in the hood is just barley bigger then the aircleaner. Plus on the higway the scoop sucks in so much air that it has no place to go and shakes the entire car :shock:

I think I actually need a bigger hole in the hood. I have to make up supports for the scoop first and see if that helps.

-
Back