Is this the correct trim for a '67 Dart Convertible

-

RockyTop

Reaction score
I just bought my first Mopar a couple of days ago, a '67 Dart convertible. According to the VIN decoder it is a GT but I have seen other '67 convertibles that have the GT badge on the right side of the deck trim. Makes me wonder if I have a deck lid from a different year model?

Attachments

• 100_0472.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 107
looks like a 68- but who knows a late 67 might have 68 parts. Plus it is 40+ years old , the stories it could tell. Lawrence

tail lights are 67 but tail panel is not. Someone may have changed deck lid. The trim on top of fenders are 67 also and if it has wide rocker trim and no side markers then if would be 67

Thanks Guys,

It has '69 fenders and a 318 in place of the original 273 so I guess it's a bit of a Frankencar but I still like it. The story is, it has been in storage since the late "80's but it was tagged in '89.
I understand the backup lights and fender trim were '67 specific, are there any other '67 only details?

Thanks Guys,

It has '69 fenders and a 318 in place of the original 273 so I guess it's a bit of a Frankencar but I still like it. The story is, it has been in storage since the late "80's but it was tagged in '89.
I understand the backup lights and fender trim were '67 specific, are there any other '67 only details?

Yup...'67 only idler arm...these are expensive, and hard to find...'67-only fender top turn indicators...rear bumper-'67-only, etc.......

The trunk lids themselves are all the same '67-69...just different trim and emblem location.

Lets see some more pics!!

Attachments

• 67Dart Trunk Panel (Small).jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 90
Appears your missing the '67 front fender trim, as those are '69 fenders...not easy to find. Also, '67 H/L trims won't fit '69 fenders correctly. The '69 fenders H/L buckets are in a different position.

Appears your missing the '67 front fender trim, as those are '69 fenders...not easy to find. Also, '67 H/L trims won't fit '69 fenders correctly. The '69 fenders H/L buckets are in a different position.

Thanks 65Val,

I knew the fenders were '69 but I didn't know about the H/L buckets and trim being different. I guess the question now is, do I try to find '67 fenders or weld up the marker holes in the fenders I have and go with a '69 grill and trim?

Thanks 65Val,

I knew the fenders were '69 but I didn't know about the H/L buckets and trim being different. I guess the question now is, do I try to find '67 fenders or weld up the marker holes in the fenders I have and go with a '69 grill and trim?

I guess that's up to you. If you do, you'll have a "Tri-Year" Dart...67,68 and 69!

Also, '69 taillights won't fit the '67 body 'cause the buckets are different as well.

I guess that's up to you. If you do, you'll have a "Tri-Year" Dart...67,68 and 69!

Also, '69 taillights won't fit the '67 body 'cause the buckets are different as well.

Yeah, I don't want it that cobbled up so the hunt for '67 fenders begins!

And thanks again for all the helpful info!

-
Back