Is This the Right Console?

-

fenderman33

Reaction score
This console was in the back seat of a 72 Dart I just bought. Is it the right console for an A-body? Also, how much is one of these worth? I'm not planning on using it.
Thanks,
Jon

console.jpg

That is an E-body console. I don't believe they were ever installed in A-bodies. toolmanmike

71 - 74 E & B Body console. 70 E-Body consoles did not have the ash tray in the back.

Interesting. Now that I think about it it doesn't really look like one I've seen in an a-body. There are two part number on the bottom one that says auto and one that says manual, and also the pentastar. I'll have to check tomorrow what the numbers are. Should I just stick it on ebay?
-Jon

On the bottom there's a pentastar and it says 3500, and 78364. Also it says 3541- Auto 3542- Manual, 78364.
-Jon

It's for either manual or auto depending on the top plate used. Could also be drilled different for manual or auto, but not sure. It is E or B body 71-74 and would be worth cleaning up and selling. Good luck, Geof

Cool, thanks. I found the slap-stick shifter and linkage that goes with it today in the trunk. Will that stuff interchange with an a-body, or it best to sell it all together?
Thanks again,
Jon

how much do you want for just the console? or would there be a cheap way to get a mold or copy of it lol i want to remake one out of carbon fiber

I would put that one on E-Bay and use the money to buy an A Body console..... If you want one...

I didn't really want a console, a body or otherwise, that's why I wanted to find out what it was so I could sell it. I think I'll put it on ebay and try to recoup some of the money I'm going to have to spend on a steering box. doh...
-Jon

-
Back