Is this the wrong glovebox liner?

-

jeremy2146

Reaction score
So I ordered a glovebox liner off ebay for my car....and it doesn't look like its going to fit.
The two bottom scres on the liner are flat, and my dash has holes from the front...
It didn't have one when I bought it so I don't know if this is the right one or if I'm missing something. Can anyone help me?

Also, the light looks like it goes to the outside of the liner, is that correct?

Attachments

• IMAG0160.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 187
  • IMAG0164.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 191
  • IMAG0165.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 189
I believe all the later years used a plastic glove box insert instead of the paper one

Grant

I think 75, 76 a body used either clear plastic, or black plastic , but when you order one now they are all cardboard.

A difference to look for... One type of liner had clear holes and the screws attached to small holes in the dash. Another type liner went to the under side of clear holes in the dash and the screws caught sheet metal nuts attached to the liner.
The screw holes in the dash will determine which liner you'll need.

OK thanks for the heads up, I'll watch for that.
My dash has clear holes and needs the sheet metal nuts in the liner.

The cardboard one I got has the nuts in it, it just doesnt fit at the bottom.

A difference to look for... One type of liner had clear holes and the screws attached to small holes in the dash. Another type liner went to the under side of clear holes in the dash and the screws caught sheet metal nuts attached to the liner.
The screw holes in the dash will determine which liner you'll need.

I just put mine in and it's a cardboard one.You need to take the latch off of the top, take the glove compartment door and hinge off as well. I found that if you collapse the sides where the bend marks (scores) are, it fits okay. Ya just need three hands to pull it in place. #6 or #8 sheet metal screws will fit the metal screw hole tabs.. Oh by the way, mines a 73 too...

MY 75 Duster had a black plastic glove box. The reason I remember is because the heater didn't work when I bought it(happened to be 30 below zero that day)took it to a garage and they said all of the controls were unhooked, and they couldn't reach them, I took it home, took out the glove box, reached in and hooked them back up, still no heat, took it to another garage the next weekend, five minutes later they call, the tank heater was plugged, they replaced it and then the heater would drive you out on high.

This was what the back of mine looked like. I picked it up at the MoPar Nationals.. And it fits, excuse the wires they go to the amp on the inside... But really it does fit..

Attachments

• 5b2 Upgraded amp.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 137
Ya that looks like the one I have right now, and it won't mount up on the bottom two holes (arrows drawn)

This was what the back of mine looked like. I picked it up at the MoPar Nationals.. And it fits, excuse the wires they go to the amp on the inside... But really it does fit..

Attachments

• IMAG01602.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 139
  • IMAG01642.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 122
Ya I'm thinking I need the plastic one for my car....let me know if you have any leads on one....

MY 75 Duster had a black plastic glove box. The reason I remember is because the heater didn't work when I bought it(happened to be 30 below zero that day)took it to a garage and they said all of the controls were unhooked, and they couldn't reach them, I took it home, took out the glove box, reached in and hooked them back up, still no heat, took it to another garage the next weekend, five minutes later they call, the tank heater was plugged, they replaced it and then the heater would drive you out on high.

Well all I can say is if you squeeze the sides in to install and start the top srews in don't tighten them up. Then (this is where that 3rd hand comes into play LOL) reach up under the metal dash closest to the door and force it over to start the screw and just give it a couple of turns, then do the other bottom screw it sort of surprising how it will all align up.. The interior of the box actually goes inside all the way around the opening no part of it is out of the dash.. Man that ought to confuse ya... Hope it helps someone...

Haha...thats not too confusing really.
I wasn't worried about getting it in there...I just didnt want to fold the lip down and try and make it fit something it wasn't made for...Thanks thought

Well all I can say is if you squeeze the sides in to install and start the top srews in don't tighten them up. Then (this is where that 3rd hand comes into play LOL) reach up under the metal dash closest to the door and force it over to start the screw and just give it a couple of turns, then do the other bottom screw it sort of surprising how it will all align up.. The interior of the box actually goes inside all the way around the opening no part of it is out of the dash.. Man that ought to confuse ya... Hope it helps someone...

Well, I just picked up an entire dash with everything on it and uncut for $100 its from a 74 duster with the normal glovebox liner...problem solved! haha

-
Back