Is this worth repairing?

-

plugger340

Reaction score
I have a 69 Barracuda F/B trunk lid that has rust damage to the inside bottom lip. It is in good shape except for that. Is it worthwhile to have a bodyshop weld in a new piece or does it make more sense to buy one that doesn't have rust damage??

Attachments

• FB trunk lid 2.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 208
  • FB trunk lid 3.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 202
  • FB trunk lid.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 215
It's worth fixing if you can fix it correctly. All that rust (including the rust that has penetrated into the seam) must be removed, neutralized and/or sealed.

Probably cheaper to buy a good one if you are going to have to pay someone else to fix it.

You will have a hell of a time finding one any better! Fix the one you got. Ask me how I know!!

Best bet would be to take it and get it dipped before it is repaired.

Hopefully you can find a better one, out there somewhere. That would still be a pain to fix. I am curious if you find a body shop to repair it how long they would stand behind a repair like that. That's the biggest problem, is you pay someone to repair that, only to have the rust come back down the road. I have a small body shop here, and I would not want to have to guarantee a rust repair such as that one. Just my opinion!

-
Back