Is this wrong or is it just me?

-

JR

Pissed off senior member.
Reaction score
So I was told by Badawg that some guy is useing pics of my old 73 Scamp sitting in my driveway to sell sidepipes on ebay. There is some name across the pic like they copywrighted it or something. I got my sidepipes used at the Monroe swapmeet for 50 bucks because one of the baffles in the pass side was busted and it rattled going down the road.
Is this wrong or not, it pissed Nikki off that our house is in the pics. Im not sure if I feel raped or if I don't even care and I should offer him some more pics.

Heres the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DUST...rms=39:1|65:10|240:1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

I'd email the seller and ask him why he thinks he has the right to show your pictures in his auction, especially watermarking them as if he's worried someone might steal them.

I'd write something on his add and ask a question to him like,
Why is my car and house in your for sale ad" and then e-mail e-bay right fast. like now, what are you doing still reading this, go, go now, stop reading, GHO!
For GOD sake, E-mail E-bay NOW!, Stop reading this , Are you gigglin, GOD DAG! IT sideways, get off this screen right now and you get E-amiling E-bay right now and , wait, stop reading this, GO! GO NOW!

Dude that could be one of 1 of 100,000,000 houses in america.
That's pretty cool that he found your car and used the pic. What are the odds?

If there was a street address or your name on the mailbox or something, that would not be cool. Then it would be "clobberin time".:-D

I thought it was f'ed up when I saw it. I sat there and thought "damn does that car look familiar" lol

Takes balls, don't it? For what he's trying to get for a set, He should pay you a royalty.

Dude that could be one of 1 of 100,000,000 houses in america.:-D

Ummmm no Im pretty sure that it is my ugly green house lol

He got the pics off of Cardomain but then he puts his name across the pic like it is his or something.

He did crop out my address on the side of the house and he colored out my plates.

DSC03710.jpg

DSC03709.jpg

DSC03708.jpg

DSC04538.jpg

DSC04537.jpg

DSC04536.jpg

DSC04535.jpg

DSC04532.jpg

I don't know, I still think it's kind weird and don't know if it pisses me off or not.

I meant YOU know its your house, but nobody else does.8)

I really like those side pipes. I wonder what they would look like on a 66 Dart.

Hmmm it's hard to get too mad because of this since he did take the initiative of removing numbers, the only thing that would bug me is...he didn't ask for permission even though he could on cardomain, and he put those anti steal letters but again he probly did that for a reason because he didnt want to spread the pics around like if it were his since u didnt have a copyright logo on it lol I dunno...He ain't really making money selling pictures lol Then I would get mad and ask for a share and or sue him lol

Tell him you are fixing to sue for royalties unless he coughs up some cash or free side pipes and that the REAL manufacturer of the side pipes is really pissed off that he is using their product in an add for a competitors product. Tell him your lawyer says next time he should ask for permission to use your photos. Then call e-bay and make them pull the picture. I don't have any idea of how this stands from a legal basis but it sure sounds good.

I would ask him for your cut of the money when the auction ends. After all hes using your car to sell his product.

id let sleeping dogs lie. no harm no foul. like you said he did erase out the identifiable stuff. hey now your car can live on and on and on

Hmmmm....
I sure could use a vertical compressor like the one in that garage.
I wonder where that house is......

I've had that same problem in a way, but it was another powder coating shop in Michigan using pictures of MY work to show off what they supposedly do. Sadly, the only way to do anything about it legally is to copyright and/or watermark every photo you upload to the 'net. Although I was somewhat flattered they liked my work well enough to claim it as their own, it still pizzed me off enough to contact a lawyer.

I'd just contact him and ask him to change the watermark to your name, since it's your picture, yeah, thanks.

I'm no lawyer but I believe that once a person posts a pic on a public forum, it's up for grabs.

Is what this guy doing legal? Yes.

Is it ethical? No.

I wouldn't be upset. As mentioned, he blurred numbers. I don't think he had to. You re-posted more pics with the numbers! FABO is great community and it's easy to forget about personal security. But everybody in the world can see any pics you post!

Makes you wonder why he couldn't come up with enough legitimate pictures of HIS sidepipes. And why there aren't any uninstalled pictures of them. He's got a few negative feedbacks too - I wouldn't buy from him.

Makes you wonder why he couldn't come up with enough legitimate pictures of HIS sidepipes. And why there aren't any uninstalled pictures of them. He's got a few negative feedbacks too - I wouldn't buy from him.
Agreed, where are his satisfied customer pics?
Ask him if that is his car in the add and see what he says.

-
Back